“Our Favorite Indian in Charlotte”
Review of Bombay Grille

Bombay Grille
Ranked #796 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have travelled widely, our favorite food is Indian. We have lived in Charlotte 40 yrs. having enjoyed Indian cuisine in major cities, such as London & Toronto. We have been frequent diners since the Bombay Grille first opened. Never once have been disappointed at both Buffet or Dinner. Very generous portions, quality, value and service are excellent. This is a relaxing neighborhood restaurant located in a shopping center.
Suggest you visit their website and obtain a coupon prior to your visit.

It is all good.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have been to Jaipur and although what I had there was good, the dishes I've had here were nothing short of amazing. It probably depends on what you get. I'm vegetarian so it's nice to come here and have so many options, but my absolute FAVORITE thing here that would blow the socks off anyone is the fried cauliflower appetizer in the garlic ginger sauce. OMG, I don't care how you feel about cauliflower, this is probably nothing like you have ever had before. It is just perfect, and the sauce is delicious. The first time we went my boyfriend and I shared one, the second time we got 2, and I'm really tempted next time to get 5, ask for rice as a side and just eat it for my meal.

The actual meals I've had are okay, they were all about as good as similar meals I've had in the past. They do have a fried cauliflower dish though, closer to the back of the menu, and it is fantastic as well. They just do a great job of frying cauliflower here!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The food is tasty. The buffet has a nice selection so you can try a bit of everything. We didn't find the food to be too spicy and when you order from the menu they ask what heat level you want for your food. We had nice service and friendly staff.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Went for a quick bite on the way back to Durham from Charleston. Terrible food and service. On the first glance ambience and decor looked good so we assumed food would be decent. Unfortunately all curries tasted the same and only of tomato ketchup. Some of the dishes didn't turn up at all and we left with half the order. Gratuity was pre included. Found that ridiculous! Would recommend you take your pick when choosing this one.

1  Thank Shravni
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Very good Indian food restaurant in Charlotte area. Feel the authentic taste of India. Had been to 4~5 India restaurants till date in Charlotte and believe it and Persis matches the best rating, compared to others. Still a lot other places to try..