“If zeros were available I would use them.”

Kabuto Japanese Steak House
Ranked #1,148 of 2,355 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“If zeros were available I would use them.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

I don't even know where to start. Let's just say the feel was not authentic. The food was just ok. I won't be going back again. That's one thing that's for sur

TEMPLE HILLS, MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Enjoyed the show and food was excellent and plenty!

Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Japanese steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

There is separate sushi bar, but you can get sushi menu in main room too. Friday night they told us that expected waiting time to be seated is 40 minutes, but we got in after 15 (and we used the time to make our dinner choice). Service was good. Our cook was very serious comparing to the next table guy who joked and played with youngsters.
Awesome steak. For desert, we got a birthday cake option- you get cake with a candle, framed photo and Japanese birthday song- it was quite fun.

• Visited February 2012
Charlotte
“Not a Japanese joint”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2009

This is the worst Japanese restaurant in Charlotte that we walked into. If you are a Sushi lover you would definitely notice the difference. I ordered Salmon (Nigiri style) and the fish was not fresh or cut properly and the Sushi roles were not prepared professionally. The Sushi workers behind the bar appeared to be a bunch of teenagers. The Teriyaki chicken came with two skewer and was cut in a tiny cube which tasted bitter. The servers were slow, rude and incompetent. My partner's food was not served until 40 mins later. And the worst thing that happened was that they did not get the order right. My partner and I grew up in an island that caters majority to Japanese tourist. We know about Sushi and other Japanese dishes. Nakato is the best so far in Charlotte.

KatelynLiz
“Worst Restaurant Experience of My Life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2008

I had the worst experience of my life in a Kabuto's this evening. My order last week had been incorrect and I was treated disrespectfully. However, when I spoke to the manager he generously gave me $6 in gift certificates and promised me better service on my next visit.

I returned today for their 50% sushi night and once again faced an incredibly long weight and staff incompetence. The manager recited our order incorrectly 4 different times. When I spoke to the manager once our checks arrived, he asked what I felt needed to be done. I explained the situation to him, and reminded him that we had spoken last week for the same problems. I told him that I was not comfortable paying for a meal I was so dissatisfied with nor did I feel I would be back.

My hope was this manager would express some level of appreciation for his customers and attempt to improve the situation with promises for better service in the future, a partial comp. of the meal, etc. However, the manager simply told me "Fine, don't pay, don't come back." During this conversation he was disrespectful to my two friends and actually told one to shut up.

When I stood up to exit the restaurant, a customer at another table who was clearly a regular and had received multiple plates of sushi during our wait for a relatively small order looked at me and said "Sushi is not fast food, if you want that go to McDonalds, I've been waiting even longer than you!" Rather than inform this customer that the problem was not his, and he should not incite other customers, the manager agreed with him and informed me to "Get out now."

As I exited the restaurant, I was absolutely furious and hit the doors harder than I intended to. They opened rapidly and hit the walls, but no damage was done. The manager and half his staff ran out and proceeded to call the police who dismissed his complaint as there was no violence, we were already prepared to leave, and no damage was done. The manager then proceeded to be disrespectful, accusing my friends of slamming the doors and verbally abusing them even though I had actually opened the doors.

He also informed us that we needed to leave because his "entire staff was ready to go." The implication was that we would be at risk of violence if we remained any longer. I have never been treated more disrespectfully at any restaurant in my entire life. I feel that I was treated poorly to begin with simply because I am a 20 year old college student and the common belief is that I will be a poor customer anyway. The situation escalated through the manager's inability to take control and act in a responsible and dignified manner.

Yoshi's off of Harris Blvd. is much better for half price sushi on Wednesdays. For the best quality sushi, sushi 101, fusebox, and Nakato's are all better options.