“Cool place!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: East Forest
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

They have good wings and sometimes good customer service but I always enjoy myself before I leave. There's a pond out back to relax by after a drink or a meal or both :-)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Went on a Friday evening and we were greeted promptly and decided to sit outside. The waitress was prompt, provided good service and was friendly. We ordered drinks which were fine. We ordered wings with a mixture of hot and garlic and some fries. The wings were large. The sauce was BBQ instead of hot and garlic. I took a bite out of one of the 20 wings we ordered. Upon return wings were extra warm and had hot sauce but no garlic, all 19... not twenty. Guess the one I took a bite out of was deducted. We think they rinsed the wings and changed the sauce. Also we had several that were not cooked all the way through, I do not eat undercooked chicken. Fries were cooked well and seasoned well. Not planning on returning any time soon.

1  Thank cindeeandjim
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Since moving to the Charlotte North Carolina area, we've finally decided to try some BBQ here. Our first choice was out of business so we went here because we'd already passed it. Boardwalk Billy's has this location near Matthews, another location near UNC Charlotte and a place in North Myrtle Beach, SC. This store is in the center near Walmart by Sardis North & Monroe. Their BBQ is pretty good; a sweet tasting sauce on St Louis ribs, cooked to near perfection. They give you 4 different sauces in case you wish to add more. I didn't need it. We ordered 12-bones which comes with 2 sides. The sides include the usual suspects. An addition side may be ordered for $3.50. They had an assortment of drinks but some non-alcoholic ones too, like tea, both sweet and unsweetened. They have booths and tables. There are a bunch of seats outside too. Service is good and a manager is often present to assist in expediting orders. I will say that if you don't like the sweet taste in the ribs, as my wife didn't, Boardwalk Billy's may not impress you. The French Fries are good. The baked beans are too. The Broccoli which was supposed to be steamed, tasted a bit salty. Other than that, I'd say try this place once! You may really like it. I did.

1  Thank Charles P
Reviewed 16 July 2013

great place to take a date or watch a ballgame...outside seating is nice and shady....staff was awesome and always checking on the table...Prices are good too

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Loved the coconut shrimp, fries, and atmosphere! They also have peanuts which were delicious! We went early afternoon, which was a superb time! Fast service!!!