“It has changed, not for the better!”

Salsarita's Fresh Mexican Grill
Ranked #1,178 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Third Ward
Description: Salsarita's Fresh Mexican Grill offers burritos, tacos, nachos, salads, as well as our addictive chips with your choice of salsa, guacamole, or queso. It's all made fresh daily!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It has changed, not for the better!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

3 mos. ago I would have given this Salsaritas an Excellent rating. Something changed - I believe in their management. Most of their regular employees were let go. Since then the food is not as good. I've also noticed a change in the cleanliness of the restaurant. The glass partitions that separate the food from the customers in line are now filthy! I used to go here 2 to 3 times a week, but I think today was my last visit. I got 2 soft tacos w/chicken. The chicken now is on the greasy side and has a "wet" taste. I have no complaints about the servers. They are always nice & friendly. The ones they let go were also great! Just wish whatever occurred that implemented this change had never happened. I think I'll try the other location up the street even though it is not as convenient!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 3ceeg

Hanson, Massachusetts
“Affordable and good food”
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Went there with my daughter while touring Johnson and Wales University. Very friendly staff. Camtizza pizzas good also. Great nacho chips!

Visited May 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Few times a month”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We go here a few times every month. My kids love it here. The one at Blakeney in South Charlotte is good. The one at Ballantyne is also good. That location may still have kids eat free events. The food has always been fresh. The staffing seems to change often and they are so busy that sometimes the tables aren't always cleaned off. The service is inconsistent, but food is consistently good....Also, they have a "frequent buyer card"...great deal!

• Visited July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“American-Mexican”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Love the pizza and the burritos. Do not care for the tacos too much.

Visited November 2011
North Carolina
“Great airport food1”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I just had a grilled chicken salad at the Salsaritas in Concourse E at the Charlotte, NC airport. The romaine lettuce was fresh and crisp, grilled chicken spicy and not fatty, and pico de gallo fresh and tasty. Without any salad dressing or cheese on top, this made for a healthy, low-cal (I hope and think!) lunch. Price with a soda was $10 and change. The service was so-so (the poor gals working there looked bored out of their minds) but they made the food to order. I still prefer the salad at Chipotle but for airport food, I highly recommend Salsaritas and think it makes a great choice.

• Visited July 2011