“Great Buffet”

Ranked #1,794 of 2,614 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: University City North
Description: Lotus Buffet is a family-owned Chinese buffet that features sushi, soup, salad, appetizers, dessert and ice cream in addition to traditional Chinese favorites. We offer All-You-Can-Eat snow crab legs for $24.99 after 4pm every day and all day on Sunday. Additionally, we offer full-service dinner options. Call us to book your catering!
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Great buffet in the university area. Clean, affordable and friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I went to Lotus Buffet with my in-laws and my small baby(5 month old cutie pie). We enjoyed the food delicacies of Chinese cuisine, different varieties of fried chicken dishes, plenty of sea food varieties and lots of options of veggie lovers. My Mom-in-law and me both are total vegetarian so for us there were options available to gorge in and satisfy our appetites.
Here is my overall experience at Lotus Buffet-
Ambiance - Average
Varieties of food - Good
Quality of Food - Average (I feel food could be less greasy)
Value of Money - Okay..
So this place is worth visiting for one time. We went twice as my Father-in-law likes oily food and he loved to try all sea food delicacies...

1  Thank MSha_2010
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife and I have eaten here probably about a dozen times. It was pretty good up until our last visit a couple weeks back. My wife got soup and it had a bug in it. Well, let me say that it sure looked like a bug. When we showed the waitress she got the manager and he looked at it and said he is a cook and that it was fried dough (from though things that you put in the soup). My wife and I didn't really believe that is what it is because with a fork pushing on it the center was soft and not hard like over fried dough. Squeezing it/pushing it in the center the fork went through it and a little red liquid came out. They stood their ground that it was not a bug. Need less to say we will never be back again. Our meal was "done" once we saw this we lost our appetite.

To be fair I will say that up until this visit we liked the restaurant decently. But because of this we will not be going back. I can deal with bad service, overpriced items sometimes, but not bugs in the food!

Reviewed 4 September 2008

Typical large Chinese buffet.