“Food was good”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Second Ward
Cross street: College & East Third
Transit: LYNX lightrail: Convention Center/3rd Street Station CATS bus station: East Trade and South Brevard streets
Description: Enjoy an Uptown gathering place, serving up a host of Southern flavors with a Latin flare. The menu features a variety of regionally-inspired comfort foods and seasonal dishes with high-quality, fresh ingredients. Semi-private dining for up to 60 guests is available. Coastal Kitchen serves breakfast and lunch daily and provides a themed weekday lunch buffet.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Food is a little pricey for what you get. I had been told not to eat here, but it's conveniently located in the Hilton. Had breakfast-it was very good. Dinner was just okay. I had the flank steak, the portions were pretty small. The salad wasn't that great. The staff is very friendly and professional. They have a nightly drink special, which is nice.

Jackie B, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant! I apologize that you did not thoroughly enjoy your dinner. You will be happy to know that we have recently updated our menu and have some great new items! Hopefully we'll be able to WOW you in the future!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Buffet lunch offered daily during the week for $8.50 plus $1.50 for soda or iced tea. Themes changed every day. Food was excellent and dessert was included. Yum!

1  Thank Stephen O
Jackie B, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

tripsahoy16 - Thank you so much for the 4-star review on TripAdvisor! We are so glad you took advantage of our lunch buffet! We hope to welcome you back to Charlotte in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Nice, modern atmosphere with a small but varied menu. Loved the Med Plate appetizer and found it to be a value at only $8. Excellent service and friendly bartenders. Good location to people watch during a convention.

Jackie B, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you so much Rachel for your comments! I will be sure to let the bar staff know what a great job they're doing! If you're back this way again we would love to see you!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We only had breakfast in the restaurant and this proved to be average, as was the Hilton hotel where the restaurant is situated. Perhaps this is why we decided to eat dinner elsewhere.
(Our reviews of this hotel and the Dandelion Market restaurant have also been submitted)
One redeeming feature of the restaurant is the friendliness of the staff - high marks there!

Jackie B, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Joann and Ken - thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that your breakfast experience was just average, for we strive to give you the best possible experience. It was great to hear, however, that you very much enjoyed the staff. I will be sure to pass on your words to them!

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Horrible hotel breakfast. Understaffed, overwhelmed, disorganized, bad management. Never got a menu, went to buffet. Very confusing made to order system. Still waiting for an omlet after almost 20 minutes, but waving my empty coffee cup at the passing wait staff keeps me occupied. Omelet never got made, offered me another chance to wait. Hostess did comp my "meal", but I won't be eating here again and I will avoid this Hilton in the future.

Jackie B, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

aprestonlane - I am so sorry to hear about your experience. The chef and manager on duty that morning told me what happened and we immediately rectified the inefficiencies for the following day. The unorganization in the kitchen and the lack of attention from the waitstaff is unacceptable and I hope you'll take my sincerest apologies. I am sorry to hear that you will not be staying with us again in the future due to your breakfast experience. Please, if there is anything I can do to change your mind, let me know.