“Excellent”

Ranked #701 of 2,563 Restaurants in Charlotte
Neighbourhood: Eagle Lake
Neighbourhood: Eagle Lake
Reviewed 19 April 2013

excellent service! Food was great! Try the breakfast buffet. we had breakfast / lunch and dinner, all three meals were fantastic!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

There was a large selection to choose from and the staff was always there to make sure everything was the way I wanted it.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Well it's a hotel restaurant inside the Renaissance Charlotte Suites hotel, the kind of place I probably wouldn't eat at except that I was staying and attending an event at the hotel. There is nothing else within walking distance so unless you have a car, this is the only place to eat.

I have egg allergies. I visited the restaurant for dinner and tried to order a burger and found out that EVERY bread product served contains some egg ingredient. I was basically limited to ordering wings and fries off their bar/appetizer menu. I will say that although the dinner options on the menu were very expensive, the wings were reasonably priced and I felt that I got a huge portion of both wings and fries so I thought I got a good value for what I ordered. My servers for both nights (Samantha the first and Elizabeth the second) were both very pleasant.

The restaurant itself is located in a section of the hotel's atrium. It's a bit dark in there, but the surroundings were very clean and attractive. I'd eat there again if I had another stay/event at the Renaissance but I would be hoping that they would expand their menu offerings to cater to those with food allergies.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Good food to be hotel food. Very pricey though for dinner. I usually go for the great salads and burgers.

1  Thank rodney1991
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Appetizers: Very good! : Shrimp and crab cake!
Onion soup: Great! It is served in a big real onion!
Caesar salad: Huge plate but flavorless dressing!
Main course: Not so good.
Salmon and pea risotto: Overcooked.
Short ribs and mashed potatoes: Overcooked.
Dessert: Apple pie and ice cream: Good!

Been to Clock Tower? Share your experiences!