“Not very good”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Neighbourhood: University City North
Neighbourhood: University City North
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This restaurant was within walking distance to our hotel, so we ate there one night. Keep in mind that I've eaten at other locations, and always enjoyed my meals. This was not so good. Not terrible, just not good. The restaurant was empty, yet they tried to seat us next to the one group there, a massive birthday party. After moving us two tables away( when I suggested not sitting next to the twenty person group), we ordered and ate. My food was mediocre. Normally the pulled oak is good, but truly, my plate of food tasted like it had been sitting back there and just microwaved. The meat was not what I am used to in a Smoky Bones restaurant. My husbands burger came a la carte. Unless I am eating at a high end steak house, I expect a side to come with my meal. Mine came with two. Yet fries are extra with a $10 burger? All in all, a very blah experience. I don't know if I will go back to Smoky Bones after this meal.

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

I have been to several smokey bones and this one just needs to get with it. The server was great but the food is so inconsistent. It was good yesterday but hasn't been for for months. I sent my ribs back and the next thing I know the female manager brought me a brand new plate and "apologized and said how sorry she was that the first plate was disappointing and that isn't the standard". This is the first time I've had someone come out and care about me and the situation here! Kudos

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Waitress was awesome and attentive. took them a few minutes to realize we were at the hostess counter for seating, other than that was overall a very good visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

After eating healthy food all weekend long, I was excited for a nice steak. Smokey has great steak and their burger is absolutely amazing. Harrison was our server and he was great.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This is BBQ from a chain restaurant, and honestly there isnt anything SO bad about that. However, the food is average at best, poor is some cases. The food is also overpriced. Frankly, I don't know how they stay in business. Must be the proximity to a large hotel. Want some ribs or BBQ? Go to Shane's Rib Shack down the street.