“High price for sub par food”

Edgewater Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Edgewater Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 2,438 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: University City North
Description: We offer approachable elegant dining amidst a beautiful waterfront setting. Choose from an array of contemporary interpretations of American dishes with a Southern twist. With something to please every taste for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Edgewater Bar & Grille is the perfect place to begin your day or settle down for the evening. Join us for your most memorable dining occasions, whether a business meal, a lovely breakfast by the lake, a romantic dinner for two, or a special time with family and friends. *Located in the Hilton Charlotte University Place.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Went here on Easter as looking for a place to get steak and that took my gift certificate.from Restaurant.com
Restaurant was open for brunch but could not use certificate for that.. Not sure why. so made dinner reservations for 5. No one had vacuumed the carpet in the dining area in that 2 hour closed window. So that was a turn off right there.
Then son and I ordered Ribeye which was 22.00. although cooked to order, amazingly, the steak was about 1/4 in thick and lots of fat on edges. it had been cut horizontally and not trimmed very well. Potatoes were like glue. Only good part , sauteed spinach, which the menu had said was to be creamed. Friend had sea bass. this was done pretty well but I tasted it and there was some kind of oily taste to it.
I know wine is well marked up but I know for a fact I can get White Haven Sauvignon Blanc at 16.00 a bottle. A glass here was 11.00!!!
I did not get that but chose something else.
The reason for the 2 star was the server was excellent and attentive. i think his name was Cody.
I found a ribeye, about 1 inch thick for 15.00 at fresh meat at grocery store which was so much more normal in thickness and better taste.

chefdevoe, Manager at Edgewater Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

I want to apologize that we did not provide you and your family with a WOW experience when dining with us. I am currently reviewing are policy of not accepting coupons at are holiday brunches/events, I are very grateful for the business that restaurant.com users provide the restaurant and I most certainly want to accommodate everyone. Reviewing your comments, I see we did not allow ourselves enough time between the Easter Brunch and opening the restaurant to clean properly, we will adjust hours. I glad to see Cody provided excellent customer service.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friend and I found this restaurant on Restaurants.com. We both live in Charlotte and wanted to do something different that we had never done before. So we stumbled on this restaurant. This restaurant is a hidden treasure that is inside of the Hilton Hotel. We were impressed by the level of service we received, the portion size of our entrees, and especially how tasty our meals were. The presentation of our meals were even impressive! I had the BBQ Chicken, collard greens, and yams plate. It was amazing! I enjoyed it! It had a lot of flavor. Compliments to the chef! I am looking forward to going back soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had Saturday night snacks and drinks here and what a wonderful place! You HAVE to order hushpuppies stuffed with shrimp with Creole sauce - incredible! We also shared arugula salad and fried green tomatoes - also delicious and reasonably-sized portions. Mixed drinks were strong. I found this place via Restaurant.com and used their $25 certificate, even with that it was a little pricey for the location, but it was a nice experience (great service too) and I would recommend to try it.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Found this through Restaurant.com. Is actually the in-house restaurant for the Hilton. Nice view, very quiet. Not crowded on a Friday night, which is to be expected in a nice hotel. My server was young, but well versed in the meals. Had a good local very hoppy IPA. Actually had two, as did my friend. We started with the house nachos, which were hot and plentiful. Nice bits of chicken and good cheese. We could not finish it. We opted for the French Dip sandwiches, which was a good choice. Lots of meat and really good bread. We sat for a while in a nice seat by the window, as we had a lot of catching up to do. No pressure for us to leave by the server, which is always nice. With the coupon and a good tip, the bill was around $55.00. Well worth the price, and I will definitely go back. It is in the same lake area as the local "Boardwalk" so there are plenty of places to go afterwards to have a good time. A bit complicated to find, but that is what our map finder apps. are for, aren't they?

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Let's start with the food. Wonderful, the presentation was excelent , the tempature was also excellent the portions were good and the taste was just outstanding. This is a 5 star restarunt in a two star setting. The waiter looked like and acted as if he just happened to be in the area so they put him to work. When we told him our table was unstable he got a handfull of coasters and tried to fix the table with them instead of moving us to a steady table. I tried to get any waiter after the food was delivered and items were found missing from the wife's meal and it took a full 5 min to get noticed and the problem solved. The only food issue is a very poor desert menu which did surprise me somewhat.

1  Thank skykop