“Oasis Among the Chain Restaurants!”
Review of Trio

Trio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Johnston Road
Description: Trio provides a blend of traditional and contemporary foods. Salads, sandwiches, pizzas, steak, seafood and pasta all house made and served in a cozy and unique dining environment. You may choose to dine in a lively bar area, in cozy booths with views of the landscaped outdoors, in an open central area with linen-dressed tables and our warm wood-burning pizza oven, in a semi-private room, or "al fresco" on our patio. Our restaurant is a smoke-free establishment.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Trio is a true oasis in an area of Charlotte dominated by the usual chains.
Had 2 fab meals there. Server was good with our very busy 3-year-old; had sippy cups and simple items for kids, but classy enough that it also works well for couples/date night. Word to wise: make a reservation, otherwise you'll be waiting a long time on weekends.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We have been eating at Trio for several years. We are so pleased Trio is still around. The food and service are never disappointing. The desserts are amazing. The prices are average, the atmosphere is pleasant, and the menu choices are varied. Something for everyone. The only complaint I have is the removal of my favorite dish from the menu--the seafood risotto was to die for! I highly recommend Trio!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is a great place for pickie eaters and foodies. Everything is homemade. Servers are very accommodating. If you hate chain restaurants like I do that serve you food straight out of the frozen food section you will love Trio.

I do hope they will get their Wi Fi fixed. When I eat alone I like to cruise the internet and Facebook.

TrioManagement, Manager at Trio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thank you for your review of Trio Restaurant on July 16. We appreciate your comments about the variety of our food and the fact that our food is made in-house. Also thank you for letting us know that you really miss the WiFi. I wanted to let you know that your thoughts encouraged us to move our process forward more quickly. We are upgrading our equipment and our plans are to have the work completed during the week of July 22. Hope you can dine with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Trio's has been around for a while now, but has not become dated. Excellent service, and the shrimp & pasta salad is terrific.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

My wife and I had an early Saturday dinner at Trio. We decided to have a petite filet and Corvina fish for our entrees. Each item was hot and flavorful and side items tasted great.The server suggested a dessert that we shared and didn't leave a morsel. Our server had many tables, but didn't forget about us and that made a Saturday evening date another great experience at this restaurant.