“Great food and Atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 2,340 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Monroe, nc
“Great food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

They brought out complementary chips and corn dip first and it was good! The place is quite unique and warm! I tried the beer battered white fish Taco and my friend ordered the Baja Bowl, if you like spicy that's a dish for you! The fish taco was good but big!

Lima, Peru
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went to Cabo Fish Taco with some friends who highly recommended the restaurant and we loved it. The vibe of the place was great and the food was delicious. They were featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and definitely deserved it. I had a hard time selecting something from the menu but ended up going with the seasoned chicken tacos (I don't eat fish/seafood) and they were great. My husband had the Mahi fish tacos and loved them. The portions were large and the chips and salsa were delicious. We went on a Sunday afternoon and the place was busy!

• Visited November 2013
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Don't let the name fool you--many wonderful choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I always thought that this was just fish tacos. Well, I was wrong, wrong, wrong! Many choices and I tried the special calamari tacos. Margaritas were delicious and made from fresh squeezed juices. Fantastic crab and shrimp dip served with pita points. Sunday night was a good choice as it was not as crowded as other nights.

• Visited November 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“The best meal I have ever had!!! Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I travel the nation going to all the restaurants that were featured on Diners drive ins and dives, man vs. food and best thing I ever ate. I have literally been to probably 90% of these places and this was by far the best. The atmosphere is laid back and fun with great wait staff. But most importantly, the food is incredible. I didn't like fish before I came to this place and I now love it. Every table gets free chips with a corn salsa that is out of this world. However, the star of this place has to be the BBQ mahi mahi fish tacos. You get 2 huge tacos per order and every bite just seems better then the next. There is a lot that goes into these but all the flavors tie together perfectly to make in my opinion Thee best thing I have ever eaten. Charlotte has quite a gem!

• Visited October 2013
VA
“Not the same ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We have frequented the Cabo in Blacksburg,VA quite often and looked forward to the same menu while celebrating my birthday with our daughter in Charlotte. The decor was nicer and the portions a plenty, but some of my favorites were missing from the menu. Both of the taco selections I had were a bit spicy. With all of the options Charlotte has, I will stick to the Cabo in Blacksburg.