“Great Fish Tacos”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cabo Fish Taco is serves lunch and dinner, seven days a week. Serving fresh Baja Mexican Cuisine, featuring fresh seafood, chicken and steak. Cabo has a full bar, featuring over 13 original margaritas and a huge tequila list. In door and outdoor seating available. Also, offering a full to go menu.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Just visiting Charlotte. Heard about Cabos. We had taco platter Wow! ! You can pick anything from menu. You won't go wrong. Price was right. Service was great.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I'm hoping that my most recent visit was an anomaly, but the service was so poor that anomaly or not, I will not be returning for a long time. My fiancé and I arrived at the restaurant around 9:15, sat down and ordered a beer and a margarita, respectively.
We ordered guacamole for the chips and it was a huge disappointment. It was shaped as though it had been served with an ice cream scoop and had a very thick, paste-like texture. There were diced, raw red onions sprinkled on top, but other than it it resembled some sort of green alien ice cream, not the popular Mexican dip. No cilantro, no lime flavor, no tomatoes or chunks of avocado. It was very strange.
We remained hopeful and ordered our entrees-- fish tacos and steak fajitas. The fajitas were served on a plate as if the meat chunks had been scooped out of a compartment at a burrito assembly line at Qdoba. No sizzling cast iron skillet, just old chunks. The fish tacos were much better.
After a couple bites, the waitress, came over to inform us that it was last call and the restaurant (kitchen and bar) was closing. It was 9:45 pm. The place was packed and about 6 seats at the bar were occupied. We ordered another round of drinks and upon receiving them, she informed me that the bartender had already, "put away the salt"…"that's ok, right?" I was dumbfounded. Not because I didn't have salt on the rim of the glass, but that the bartender couldn't be bothered to make a drink properly because the restaurant was closing in 15 minutes.
I felt bad for the table nearby who had just gotten their food and were now being pressured to get the check. I have never been to a restaurant that willingly closed early rather than continue to serve paying customers. I really hope the owner wasn't there and that this was an issue with the wait staff wanting to go home. Regardless, kicking everyone out of a restaurant early does not a good impression make.

1  Thank CarsonCM
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We made a special trip to visit Cabo Fish Taco for lunch during our recent trip to Charlotte. I agree with one of the other reviews - you pass thru a rough part of town getting there but the restaurant area itself is nice. Parking is a little bit of an issue (lack of). We ended up about a block and a half away but the walk was nice. My husband and I both ordered tacos with different sides so we could try as much items as possible without stuffing ourselves. We ordered the lemon grilled shrimp tacos and the tavarua tuna tacos. We both cleaned our plates. It ended up being a little expensive for lunch but we enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very creative restaurant in an indie type neighborhood. The menu offers every type of fish taco you can imagine and they are awesome! They bring a lot of food so you may want to split. Very reasonably priced and high energy atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Yes I live in the Charlotte area, I have for almost 10 years. The area for this restaurant is NoDa for North Davidson Street, which is about 2 x 3 block of somewhat okay walking areas that are very artsy. One of the problems is that just 1 block in any of the other 3 directions are some of the absolute worst neighborhoods in all of Charlotte, I say this just so you are very careful when parking and visiting this restaurant. I enjoyed my fish taco, but it it was incredibly expensive and over priced.

1  Thank racertempo