“Great Pizza”
Review of La Tagliatella - CLOSED

La Tagliatella
Cuisines: Afghani
Reviewed 20 April 2014

On the way to the Springsteen High Hopes Tour in Charlotte, we needed solid food and the Great Pizza is to be found here. Thin crust, excellent fresh ham, spinach and perfectly baked. Service was fast and attentive at the bar.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Friendly and prompt service and unusual menu. However, the food was mediocre at best. Very few diners for a weekend night in a Charlotte prime location and now I know why.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Italian food in the US: this can sometimes be a surprise.
Here we have the two faces of the coin.
On one hand, really good italian pasta and minestrone. Food itself is also not that expensive.
On the other hand you really need to be patient (more than 30 minutes waiting), even for a cup of soup and a plate of ravioli.
Also do not let the barman convince you about the expensive wines. Just two glasses of wine much more expensive than all the food, can that be ?

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Went with my family to this lovely Italian restaurant and had a great time. The decoration transpots you to Italy while you are enjoying your meal. The waitress was very friendly and the pizzas were fabulous. Mine in particular had a thin and crispy crust. Unbeatable!!!!
Give it a try if you are in the "Uptown".

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The first thing that caught our attention and ultimatley got our service was the flyer in the window that listed specials for the month. I saw that they had $5 cocktails so my fiance and I went in for a drink and eventually invited my sister and her boyfriend over. We all ordered about 2 or 3 drinks each. They were pretty good drinks, and for the price we didn't complain. We looked over the one page menu and there didn't seem to be very many options. So we decided not to order food, but we stuck around and talked with two servers at the bar where we were sitting. The decor and layout on the inside was very nice and bold and ...Italian. I would go back for a drink and maybe an appetizer. Also they had an outside section to the bar, where customers can sit outside and order drinks through the window which leads inside.