“Average dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cajun Yard Dog

Cajun Yard Dog
Ranked #87 of 2,354 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Average dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Okay I went to this place based on the reviews from here. First of all my dinning experience starts from when I enter the establishment. Like 90% of the restaurants here in this city you come in and meet the hostess and they take your name, ask how many are in your party, give you a buzzer, etc. here you have to sign your name on a plain sheet of paper, no letterhead or nothing, no lines just plain white paper (lol). Another big disappointment for me was the tableware, geez I've seen better forks, knives, and plates in the dollar store! My waitress was professional, the food came in large portions, but I'm gonna say here again it was just average. We had the beer battered mushrooms appetizer, they were huge, but hard with little flavor. I had the pick 3 for $20, fried catfish, fried oysters, and fried shrimp. It was decent. My fries were swimming in grease though, just wasn't tasty, collard greens were okay. Another thing, for their prices, I would have favored drinking from a real glass instead of a plastic cup. I can't recommend this place to my friends, it's over a 1000 other places worth dinning at. Stop cutting the simple corners, and then I may change my mind.

Visited March 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“Charming little restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This restaurant was a hidden gem. It was in the back of the Arboretum and if you weren't paying close attention you would miss it. The wait was long but it was well worth it. Our meal was excellent! We'll make sure to eat there everytime we visit Charlotte.

Visited February 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Can't go wrong with their fried chicken!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have been going to this Arboretum restaurant for years and absolutely love their fried chicken. We always order the white and pay the upcharge, and it's worth the wait. Sides are also delicious: collards, mashed potatoes, cucumber salad...and others. It's hard to decide which two to select.
Specials are written on the board, and their desserts are delicious!

Service is always prompt and friendly. Seating is limited, and there is often a line out the door. This is a hidden gem. It's located to the right of Michael's craft store, with a rather nondescript yellow sign overhead with the picture of a gator (= Cajun yard dog). The decor is a Mardi Gras theme, and there are quite a few Cajun items on the menu, including jambalaya. They do take-out orders, also.

• Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Louisiana comfort food at its best....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

going into the Yard Dog for lunch is always a good idea. Folks there greet you like old friends and the food is awesome! Genuine LA-style food at great prices - can't beat it. Don't think i've ever eaten there that I would not order again or not recommend. Go - you won't be disappointed!

Visited November 2013
NC
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I've eaten at Cajun Yard Dog several times, and have never been disappointed. Although there are a lot of dining options at the Arboretum, this is one of the best. The food is authentic & fresh, not too expensive and the staff is very friendly. The place is comfortable and cheery. If you're staying Uptown, the bus goes to the Arboretum. It's also a great place to shop.... again, lots of options.

• Visited November 2013