“The Worst I have ever seen” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Charlotte South

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Knights Inn Charlotte South
Ranked #125 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Ankeny, Iowa
“The Worst I have ever seen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We reserved a room here 2 months before our arrival. We reserved a room with a kitchenette. Upon arrival we walked into the lobby, it was nothing like the pictures that they have on the Inter-net. I opened the door to our room the smell was terrible and guess what , no kitchenette. We immediately went back to the office and were informed that they had no rooms with kitchenette's. After a rather spirited discussion we stayed the night. We slept in our clothes and didn't remove our shoes as the carpet was sticky. The floor was falling from under the stool and the tub looked like it had not been cleaned since its installation. The only thing that worked was the inter-net. We found a different place to stay and moved out the very next morning. This place is a dump and unfit for human occupation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank David C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

Every review here that describes this hotel as a haven for crack addicts and criminals and warns you away from this dive is telling you the truth! Do NOT waste your money at this palce. The people behind the desk don't speak a lick of English and don't seem to have a problem when you tell them and their godawful no-tell motel to go to hell. What's worse, we chose it for a Priceline package and never got our money reimbursed, even though we cancelled the reservation.On the other hand, if you love the excitement and adrenaline rush of expecting to become a part of a major crime scene, you might enjoy this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank gmburt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This place must be a rent by the hour type hotel. Our late flight was cancelled and they were the only place with a room. They charged us $103.00 for the room. We slept in our clothes in fear of catching something. We were stranded or we would have left. SCARRY!!

• Stayed March 2012
6 Thank Gm2041
Knoxville, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

The room smelled very strongly of air freshener. I had a very bad migraine within an hour of arriving. I put up the do not disturb sign on the door so nobody would clean our room and spray it with air freshener again. The next day I could smell the reason why the room was sprayed with air freshener to begin with. The floor was dirty so I didn't feel comfortable walking around without shoes on. That is not very relaxing to say the least. I put the address for the place in my address book so I would remember not to visit again if I was ever in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Elise I
strasburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is definetly a harbor for druggies and crack ladies of the night. We checked in and immediately checked out as soon as we saw our room and had words with a resident. Terrible clientele that LIVE here. The manager was great and gave us our money back no questions asked.

Room Tip: Somewhere other than this hotel. Don't be cheap when staying in Charlotte, NC. it's a prett...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank karlabeth61
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Checked into this dump about 3 in the morning..... Should have know what was going on there, they sell lube and condoms at the front desk.... checked into our room, and with in less than a minute a woman ask if she could use our restroom... I was nice and said yes, after coming out of the bathroom she said her "ride" had left and if I could drop her off somewhere... I told her no, than she ask for money..... I told her I didnt have any... than her responce was she would go DOWN on me and my roomate.... needless to say my roomate told her to get out... The room is filthy, there are mouse droppings on the furniture and in the drawers, the bathroom is disgussting, there is blood on the walls, no alarm clock or remote for the tv (which was snowy) When I checked out the guy at the front desk was on the phone and just grabbed the keys out of my hand and litterally shewed me away... had to go back in to get a receipt....
WARNING STAY CLEAR OF THIS PLACE , YOU TAKE LITTERALLY COULD DIE HERE !!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
12 Thank bubba b
wash dc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

The only way that person give that review in August is that that person is the owner or have some interest in the place. The first night, my sister was offered money for sex. The guy wouldn't leave her alone. We reported this to the hotel manager. Came outside, people was actually fighting outside the hotel. We were called a bunch of noisy b_tches by the patrons of that hotel, who we believe lived at the hotel. All we was doing was walking to our fifthy room. Who by the was the maintenance, security, and manager. The pictures below are a lie. That place is for prostitutes, druggies, drug dealers, etc. It looked like a hotel for shelter. It was dirty. The microwave half cooked. the tv was snowy. We was met by bugs in bathroom. The only reason, we didn't leave right away was because we was not familiar with Charlotte and it was late. We slept in our clothes that we traveled in all day. The toilet stopped up, when it was reported, they gave the plunger to my sister to unplug the toilet. I went up the next morning and demanded my money back. The manager told us it was a 5 star hotel. This place is a nightmare. DOn't believe the pictures you see below. I hear the others were nice but the one on Nation Ford Road. RUN!!! Dont' Pass Stop! Keep Running. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. And, if management want to challenge me on this I have pictures.

Room Tip: Stay out of this shelter!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family