“Good staff and breakfast with spacious rooms”

Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark
Ranked #75 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Crescent City, IL
“Good staff and breakfast with spacious rooms”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Staff in all areas was very competent, helpful, and friendly. We stayed three nights and the complementary breakfast offered a great variety of items, with different hot items each day. Very busy on Friday and Saturday, but less people on Sunday. Lots of seating in the breakfast area. One of the only hotels in the area that offers complementary breakfast. Kitchenette is good sized and there is a pull-out couch in the living area. Kind of tight with the chair and desk, but you can make it work. Nice to have a separate bedroom in the suite. Nice, easy walk to the Southpark Mall with a variety of cute shops and some chain stores. Also nice restaurants within walking distance. Hotel does allow for pets, so if you are allergic or a light sleeper, request a room away from those with pets. Drippy air conditioner was a bit annoying while trying to sleep. Good value for the money. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Tucked away off the main road, this hotel is a nice retreat for business or pleasure. The rooms are quiet and have everything you need. Beds are comfortable and plenty of room with a sitting area, kitchen, bed and bath area. The staff is very helpful and every morning a hot breakfast is served. I have stayed here several times and never been dissapointed walking distance to the mall,shopping area and great restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I recently spent 3 weeks here and it was comfortable, clean and very safe for a female traveling alone on business! Staff was courteous and hard-working, gym was clean and efficient, laundry rooms were convenient and well-kept. The kitchen was well-stocked for cooking. I had Ruth Chris' room service the first night, which was prompt and delicious. There's a Rite-Aid across the street, Whole Foods and Dean & Deluca just up the road, and a Harris Teeter (grocery store) not far away. I needed a couple of items that weren't stocked at the fancier grocery stores, and the Residence Inn offers grocery shopping, which they quickly did for me one day. Enterprise Car Rental is conveniently located downstairs and they couldn't have been more helpful. All in all, the staff made my business trip a much easier experience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is a great place to stay! Very nicely appointed rooms with kitchenette. Very good breakfast, which is complimentary. It is close to many good restaurants, including Ruth Cris's which will deliver to the room. Also quite convenient to the airport and shops. Great for a business traveler.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had a one night stay- bed was clean and comfortable as well as the towels. Could have used more waste baskets- just one in the kitchen area! Front desk staff was pleasant and courteous and helpful. Grounds were well cared for. Room was very clean. Good property for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I arrived at the hotel after having driven in the pouring rain for 5 hours. Ashley greeted me with a smile and made me feel at home immediately. I stayed there 5 nights and the entire staff was not only professional, but friendly as well. The hotel has a lot of restaurants that deliver including Ruth Chris's Steak House as its "room service"! There are theaters, restaurants, and shopping within walking distance. I'll stay here from now on when I'm in Charlotte!

• Stayed July 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This seemed like a nice property. However, shortly after our late night check-in we went to our room. The room seemed quite nice so we got settled in. The remote for The TV did not work so I went down to The Front Desk and was given new batteries for it. Shortly after I came back to the room we found that not only did the toilet work it had been left taken apart. We let the front desk know who sent maintenance to our room. Obviously, at this point we were told that we had to change rooms. Of course, clearly across the floor, a major inconvenience. When I reported this to management the next morning we were not charged for our 1st night. My question is does the Hotel check their rooms before assignment. I don't want to hear about being short staffed, there really is no excuse for this.Thinking further about this, I think our entire stay should have been
credited. On the positive side the next morning the breakfast was handled very well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brusol
ricltsp, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Brusol,
Thank you for your feedback. It appears we definitely dropped the ball when it came to your stay. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience that we caused. I know how frustrating it can be to get settled in one room then have to move rooms because of an issue that should have been caught before we rented the room to you. You are correct, there is no excuse for this. I have spoken with both my head of engineering and head of housekeeping about this issue to make sure it does not happen again.
On another note, glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet!
I hope the next time your travels find you back in Charlotte, you will try us out again.