“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed here twice in the past month while our home was being renovated. Both times our stay was outstanding. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Loved all the extra pillows on the beds. The Staff was very attentive. Breakfast was delicious with an ample selection. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed one night and it was super clean and comfortable. The people were friendly. There’s a bar that’s open until midnight and a big breakfast in the mornings. Pretty convenient to the South Park Mall. We always stay away from the elevators, and our request was happily accommodated. Located in a quiet, very low-traffic area.

Room Tip: We always ask to be away from elevators. Air conditioning worked perfectly.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My family gave me my baby shower in the banquet room, and I was very impressed. From the courtyard in the whole place is very clean, modern and freshly decorated. It was not too hard to find the entrance, and I love the fact that the room's entrance is right at the end of a short hall way not too hard to find either. The room is clean, large, with round tables and is not dull or lifeless as other places I've been.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

While the lobby area has been overhauled, the rooms are old and tired - and in much need of renovation. This was my second time at this hotel, and I was disappointed a second time.(My original stay was 3 years ago, and I wanted to give it another chance). The beds are uncomfortable, and the room furnishings scratched and in some cases broken. All of the coffee cups in my cupboard were dirty...as if they had been merely rinsed out. The fitness center is just downright embarassing - small and dirty, with door lock issues and no clean towels - causing me to make two extra trips up to the lobby at 5am to resolve on my own when I was hoping to exercise. Free breakfast and also food some evenings, but the quality is marginal. This place screams of corners being cut and does not meet Marriott standards; I won't be returning for a third try. On the plus side, they have a nice outdoor seating area with a fire pit and it is convenient to the uptown mall.

Room Tip: Stay at the nearby Courtyard instead.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ricltsp, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark. We appreciate you giving us another chance and are sorry that we still did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our leadership team to help improve our service and ensure that these issues are corrected and do not happen again. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at 704-554-7001.
Jennifer Peterson, AGM
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We spent three nights at this Residence Inn and it did not disappoint. It is an older hotel and you can tell by the furnishing but it's also very clean. I'm very familiar with Residence Inn because I used to work for them. However, my boyfriend has never staid at one and he's super picky and I was pleasantly surprised how much he liked it. I don't know about the breakfast because we never got up early enough to take advantage of it. The only reason I don't give them a five star is because of the pool. I'm an avid swimmer and the pool is simply tiny and it was kind of murky plus it is indoors. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Oh you can even get a glass of wine down in the little bar and take to your room. I liked that.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed here the weekend of August 8th and had a wonderful stay! Asked for and received a quiet room on the 4th floor towards the rear. Modern, pretty, clean room with kitchenette. It felt very much like home. This hotel is hidden away in a business area right off the main areas across from the mall, but my boothang and I were mainly there for relaxation ;) The breakfast was incredible. A truly assorted 'down south' type buffet style breakfast to suit even the most parsnippety appetites and/or restrictive diets. The breakfast was worth it! There were a couple of things that could have been improved in the room...a torn (all the way across the bottom) and open pillow on the couch; dusty lamps & nightstand, no luggage rack and they wouldn't honor our previous four nights rate for an additional night. Also, the tv did have to be reset multiple times during our stay. However everything else was really above par and the service at the desk was excellent and by all the staff encountered. Ashley never got tired of my questions or calls-and always had a sweet smile. Great little hotel! Would stay again for sure.

Crescent City, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Staff in all areas was very competent, helpful, and friendly. We stayed three nights and the complementary breakfast offered a great variety of items, with different hot items each day. Very busy on Friday and Saturday, but less people on Sunday. Lots of seating in the breakfast area. One of the only hotels in the area that offers complementary breakfast. Kitchenette is good sized and there is a pull-out couch in the living area. Kind of tight with the chair and desk, but you can make it work. Nice to have a separate bedroom in the suite. Nice, easy walk to the Southpark Mall with a variety of cute shops and some chain stores. Also nice restaurants within walking distance. Hotel does allow for pets, so if you are allergic or a light sleeper, request a room away from those with pets. Drippy air conditioner was a bit annoying while trying to sleep. Good value for the money. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family