Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte
  • Room Service
US$149
US$134
GardenInn.com
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$94
All reviewsupgraded to a suitebreakfast was includedhotel shuttlebusiness centercommon areasnice roomthe shuttle driverclose to the airportdowntown charlottelynxcvscltproximitycarowindsconcert
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was stuck in Charlotte because my flight home had been cancelled and the airline wasn't able to get me on another plane for two days. My luggage had gone on before me, so I ended up spending three days in the same clothes at the Four Points Sheraton. I recommend staying away from this place. Good things: the room and bathroom were both very clean (if somewhat tawdry), and the bed was comfortable. There's free WiFi. The maids were all pleasant, though rather shy. Bad things: the desk clerk at night--a tall bald guy--was decent, but the female day clerk was rude, insolent, and unhelpful, as was the manager, who had a huge tantrum about something at the front desk in front of me and a couple of other startled onlookers. Both of these employees gave the impression of being extremely inconvenienced by the existence of guests. There were three dogs who barked day and night in the room right across the hall from me. The management did nothing about this, despite several complaints, including my own. Room service: well, breakfast was acceptable, but one couldn't get anything for lunch. Dinner service runs from 5 pm to 10 pm, and what's available is basically junk food. Fortunately there's a pleasant and very friendly 24-hr diner only a short walk away, and it serves good food of its kind. That was the highlight of my stay. Pretty pathetic.

Room Tip: Choose one at a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank word_factory
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Hi word_factory,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry to hear your flight was cancelled, as I understand what an inconvenience that can be. I apologize you were displeased with your stay regarding some of the hotel team and room service. However, I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our free Wi-Fi service and relax on our comfortable bed. I appreciate your review and thank you for your honesty.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

sometimes you see hotels that are old and have issues. This one just appears to move along. The only food is room service . The breakfast is very slow and late, very tough when you are on a schedule. The air in the room either does not work , or not very well. One good note, Cindy in the bar is a trip, lots of fun and conversation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi ScottWAtlanta,
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We take reviews very seriously and use them to assist us in growing moving forward. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed interacting with our team, especially Cindy! Glad to hear you had fun at our hotel.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Firstly, our check in went fine. A woman named Cookie was very kind, helpful and considerate of our needs during our stay. Unfortunately, the rest of the Staff was not so kind. I won't go into a diatribe of complaints, so let's just hit the basics.

Wifi on the top floor was unusable. I had to cancel a Skype session with Tokyo because of it. When I asked the night manager if there was a Business suite or private space with a better connection he said "Sure, if you want to pay to reserve a conference room." I said "Oh hey, well I already paid for a room at a business hotel that advertises complementary wifi in–room and it doesn't work." His response... "Well I don't see how that's my problem."

Oh, so sorry to bother you..

The next morning our alarm clock went off at 4am. I'm pretty sure housekeepers are supposed to check and cancel any alarm during room flips.

The next night a Staff member was pounding on someone's door at 11pm, trying to get in touch with them. Woke us up. Not cool. This was a business trip, filled with early mornings (remember that 4am alarm clock?)

Upon checking out, Cookie was working the front desk and she was saddened to hear of our experiences. She called over the GM to talk with me. He said he would look into it and credit my SPG account. Yeah, that never happened. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, waiting nearly four months to write this review, but alas, it never happened. He also admitted to knowing about the substandard wifi and that he was looking into fixing it.

Charlotte has MANY, MANY options for travelers in the same price range. I would suggest, for your sake, that you find one of these other options.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wandererer151
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Hi wandererer151,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry that your stay fell below your expectations. I am sharing your feedback with the hotel team and appreciate reviews such as yours because they help us grow moving forward. I’m glad you interacted with some of our helpful and welcoming staff, but apologize again for the inconveniences you experienced.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Four Points by Sheraton Hotel Stay

On January 26, 2014, my wife and I found ourselves stranded after the airline cancelled our flight at the Charlotte-Douglas airport. Needless to say we were not happy campers; we were also dismayed that our luggage was not available. The airlines provided a hotel which had a restaurant so we could have dinner and breakfast before our flight the next day. We contacted Four Points by Sheraton and requested a transport.
Priscilla, the shuttle operator, was a warm, friendly and sensitive representative of the Four Points Hotel. She gave us guidance for our stay and highly recommended the hotel restaurant.
At the hotel, the desk clerk and night manager were friendly and sensitive to our needs. The night manager said we would need to purchase vouchers for breakfast, but we should hold off until morning to assess our schedule.
The room was clean and quiet, with a bottle of water and coffee in the room. The room temperature was good and the beds excellent.
Things changed the next day; in the morning when we arrived at the restaurant, we were told they would not serve until 6:30 a.m. not 6:00 a.m. as we were told the previous evening. Because, we were scheduled for a 7:10 a.m. shuttle this would be cutting it too close.
I went to check out on 1/27/2014; initially, the person at the desk ignored me and then was quick and rude. I was told there would be no receipt because the airline covered it.
The shuttle driver was late coming in and he acted as if this was no big thing, so it may happen often.
The last problem with my stay occurred when my Visa bill came and there was a $12.88 charge from the hotel. I called and spoke to Alex who told me the charge was for the two continental breakfasts we ordered. I told Alex we did not have breakfast and the charge was either an error or an attempt to defraud the hotel. He said he would credit the Visa bill.

It is hard to reconcile the difference in how we were treated by Priscilla and the night staff on Sunday night and the lack of professionalism shown by the staff on Monday.
Upon reviewing past guests’ comments I found one where the guest felt the staff was rude, it had to be the same lady I dealt with, and that was four months ago.

I would stay at the Four Points again and recommend it to business associates, but management needs to take steps to correct these staff problems so others do not suffer what we did.

Room Tip: Obtain a receipt and check your credit card statement.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas M

Hello Thomas M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate reviews such as yours, because they provide us with great information to grow moving forward. I shared your story with the hotel team and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. I’m pleased to hear you had a positive experience during the first night, and am sorry for any change in service. We look forward to welcoming you back again and appreciate your loyalty!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I would like to start off by saying the van driver who picked us up from the airport was friendly as can be. I did not get her name and I sincerely regret that. She got us to the hotel quickly and efficiently, and the evening desk clerk got us checked in right away. I had a wonderful room, which was a suite. It had 2 rooms, a nice sitting area, kitchenette, and lovely bed. After all this, the morning staff was a different story. I am part of an airline crew and we had a 9 am van. We were all down in the lobby about 10 til and asked if we could get loaded up early. We didn't know we weren't the only ones going so we understood when she said there were other guests going and we can't leave until 9 because we need to keep the van on schedule. Now about 8:57 we asked Cookie, the front desk staff member, where the van driver was so we could get loaded up and ready to go at 9. We have a plane to get to. She looks at us and states, "The van leaves at 9, so no we are not going to load you up, we have 3 minutes." Yes, this was the response to her customers, corporate customers. We finally were loaded up, and at 9:01 were still sitting in the van. Cookie held the van until 9:05, because another customer was coming down. This was after she told us the van will leave at 9, to keep on schedule. She was blatantly rude to every member of our crew. The manager finally came out (Alex) and shut the door so we could leave. We stopped him and stated that we had an issue with his front desk staff and he made a racial slur to us, stating "What can I do, I can't whip her anymore, you Yankees took that away from me." That was the last straw. I have never been more appalled with a staff ever.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Eshleman13

Dear Eshleman13,
Thank you for sharing your story. We constantly strive to create a warm and welcoming environment at our hotel, and the information you shared we take very seriously. I am taking this information back to the hotel team and am truly apologetic for the displeasing events you experienced during your stay.