“Unexpectedly Great!”

Ranked #2 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Columbia, South Carolina
“Unexpectedly Great!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed here based on some reviews (and the fact that it was a newer hotel) and I was thoroughly impressed! The decor was beautiful, the rooms were spacious, the furniture and fixtures were elegant...it definitely had more of a Hilton "feel" than a Homewood Suites. The staff was friendly and the hotel is in a great location for a fun weekend getaway. There are great restaruarants, deli-style grilles, sportsbars, and even an Earthfare across the street (great for health conscious travelers like me). And best of all, it's nestled away from the hustle and bustle of nightlife in uptown Charlotte, but it takes less than 15 minutes to get to the city. I would definitely stay here again, I'm adding it to my list of top hotels for my weekend stays in Charlotte.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole J
Kevin P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Hello Nicole J, thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Glad that your experience was a pleasant one and that you found the staff to be accomodating. Our location is very convenient as you can walk to just about anything you want without having to deal with traffic. Next time you are back in Charlotte come and see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Grill your own steaks on the grills outside. Swim in the kinda small pool with a cute little waterfall feature. This new hotel is filled with happy staffers who have ready smiles. The suites are as expected with full kitchen. We stayed in a one bedroom, with king bed and one bath. There are plenty of restaurants within a 5 minute drive and 1 you can walk to. There is a huge mall one exit down on the interstate. The fact that it was not expensive made it even better, of course.

1 Thank P D
Kevin P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hello P D, thanks for taking the time out to review our hotel. The happy team members really make a difference when staying away from home. We will keep up the smiles and have them ready for you when you return to Charlotte.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stay at the Hilton chain hotels whenever we travel. For this trip we needed a 3 night stay for our family of 4. We've traveled enough this year to earn about 7 free nights on the hilton rewards program so we decided to use 3 nights at this hotel. It's a fairly new hotel, the rooms do not look like other homewood suites I've stayed at. The decor is much more modern. The beds were cozy and we all had GREAT nights rest. One night, there were a couple in another room that were being quite loud and keeping me from getting to sleep, I went down to the front desk at 2 am to mention this. The front desk attendant went to the other room and immediately took care of the problem. At other Homewood suites I've stayed at I've also noticed the showers do not have any anti-slip material on the floor. I thought this was standard at Homewood Suites, I've searched the internet for other guest experiences at Homewood and it seems quote common. My last stay was at a Homewood in TN and I took a nasty fall in the shower. I had vowed to never stay in a Homewood suites again but since this location was pretty new we figured we'd give it a shot. I am happy to report that this shower actually has an anti-slip material in the shower <cue applause>. Our schedule did not allow for us to eat at the hotel but they do serve a hot/cold breakfast. They have an outdoor pool. They also have a comfortable lounge area and a snack/beverage area by the front desk. I am still hesitant to stay at other Homewood suites strictly because of my nasty fall in TN, however I will reconsider based on the newness of the hotel in the future in other locations. Regarding this hotel., I will definitely return to this location in the future if it best suites my needs.

1 Thank CarolinaBlue73
Hello CarolinaBlue73, thanks for the review and recognition about how we are different in a good way. The interior designers really did an outstanding job on the decor and all the finishing touches throughout. Hopefully, you will continue to find good Homewood Suite hotels to stay at during your travels, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Charlotte.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Hotel was beautifully furnished both inside and out and provided a very inviting atmosphere. The staff members were top-notch and sincere in their extension of hospitality. Everyone went out of their way to greet me at every turn, and make sure my stay was satisfactory. I will be sure to return upon my next visit to Charlotte as well as refer any friends and family. Sending a great big thank you to Kevin, Thomas, Trey and the Night Auditor on Tuesday 8/19/14 (James I believe) keep up the good work and excellent customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello Cherelle123, it was a pleasure having you stay with us. Glad that you got the chance to meet Thomas, and Trey they are a good team. Thanks for taking the time out to review our hotel and team members. Come see us the next time you are in Charlotte.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here due to a recent meeting in Charlotte. While I didn't want to stay in town I would have stayed here forever. Awesome staff and although new, they made the difference. Great room, and fantastic service. Big shout out to Trey!
If I ever come back to Charlotte, you will be my first choice.
Rock on!

Room Tip: Get a small one or you'll forget something
2 Thank Tyler D
Hello DaveN, thanks for the Awesome review. Glad that you were able to enjoy our team and our rooms during your recent meeting. Trey just keeps on shining through day in and day out. Thanks for the wonderful comments about our team. Come and see us again soon.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel was one of best hotels I have visited as of recently. I stayed at a Homewood in Memphis a few weeks and ago, and this Homewood blew them out the water. It is a very new hotel and you could tell the owners attention to detail is immaculate. The subtle wooden touches brings a nice mix of natural tones with contemporary décor. The breakfast attendants were all nice, and the Sales Coordinator even brought me a bottle of water while I was working on my computer in the Lobby, just because she noticed me. However, the highlight of my stay was meeting a young man named Trey. He was super helpful and delightful every time I passed him. And also the Front Desk Manager, Thomas was very friendly when I ran into him during the convenient Evening Manager's Reception. I know where I will stay next time I am in Queen City!

Room Tip: All the rooms are awesome!
2 Thank mariehotel
Hello Mariehotel, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The team is always excited to greet new guests and take care of them. Glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure Trey, Thomas, and Amanda know how much they are appreciated. Thanks again.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Let me start out by saying Trey at the front desk is an asset to your hotel. He is so nice and does a great job! We were here for two nights and he works his butt off. Our second night here there was a huge baby shower and he was not only handling them, the front desk, the little store (which he ran back to the storage closet) to get me some peanut M&Ms but always had that sweet smile. When we came back after being out all day housekeeping had not cleaned our room, we called down to Trey. He apologized and asked us what he could do...he offered to have them come up now but we said all we really needed was towels and toiletries. He had them delivered in less than 5 minutes. If he isn't a manager you really need to consider promoting him to front desk manager. We called down and asked for another bag of popcorn and he explained that normally it is in the room only during the beginning of your stay but because of the trouble with housekeeping he personally brought up some for us. That's the way to look out for your customers especially Hilton Honors loyal customers. Thank you for a wonderful stay! We loved our room... We had the two queen suite and it was perfect for our family of four. I loved having a door to the bedroom and two tvs. The kids watched their tv in the living room while we watched our in the bedroom. I loved our the suite was layed out especially with the sink being outside of the shower and toilet area. The decor was modern and well thought out! I give it 5 stars! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room if you are on the pool side.
1 Thank pImomof3
Kevin P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello plmomof3, and thank you for the wonderful review and acknowledment of our team member Trey. I have to agree with you that Trey is doing whatever it takes to take care of our guests. I know this because of individuals like yourself who take the time out to acknowledge his efforts. I will make sure he knows how much he is appreciated. Thanks again for the wonderful review and come and stay with us again.