“Friendly staff great amenities!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Ranked #2 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We drove up from GA to visit family and didn't check in until later on that night. Tyler greeted us at the front desk and helped us with settling in. The amenities at this location exceeded our expectations! We will definitely stay at another Homewood Suites.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mil-explorer
Kevin P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hello mil-explorer, and thank you for reviewing our hotel. Our night auditor Tyler will be glad to see that you mentioned him by name. Thanks for doing that as well as mentioning how friendly our staff was. Glad to see you will be looking for Homewoods to stay during your travels. If coming back to Charlotte, we welcome you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed at the Homewood Suites for one night while helping my son relocate to Charlotte. As stated in other reviews, this is a newer hotel. Everything was very clean and modern. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were tired from the move so we took advantage of the complimentary dinner that I believe is offered Monday thru Thursday. It was surprisingly quite good. The breakfast buffet was also fine.
Will be returning to Charlotte in October for a little longer stay and have already made our reservation. I guess that is the best recommendation I can make for this hotel.

2  Thank creagh5
Kevin P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Hello Creagh5, and thank you for your business. I am pleased to see that you found the staff to be extremely helpful and we will continue to make that a priority around here. October's only a couple of months away and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again for the business and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed here based on some reviews (and the fact that it was a newer hotel) and I was thoroughly impressed! The decor was beautiful, the rooms were spacious, the furniture and fixtures were elegant...it definitely had more of a Hilton "feel" than a Homewood Suites. The staff was friendly and the hotel is in a great location for a fun weekend getaway. There are great restaruarants, deli-style grilles, sportsbars, and even an Earthfare across the street (great for health conscious travelers like me). And best of all, it's nestled away from the hustle and bustle of nightlife in uptown Charlotte, but it takes less than 15 minutes to get to the city. I would definitely stay here again, I'm adding it to my list of top hotels for my weekend stays in Charlotte.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole J

Hello Nicole J, thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Glad that your experience was a pleasant one and that you found the staff to be accomodating. Our location is very convenient as you can walk to just about anything you want without having to deal with traffic. Next time you are back in Charlotte come and see us again.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Grill your own steaks on the grills outside. Swim in the kinda small pool with a cute little waterfall feature. This new hotel is filled with happy staffers who have ready smiles. The suites are as expected with full kitchen. We stayed in a one bedroom, with king bed and one bath. There are plenty of restaurants within a 5 minute drive and 1 you can walk to. There is a huge mall one exit down on the interstate. The fact that it was not expensive made it even better, of course.

1  Thank P D
Kevin P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hello P D, thanks for taking the time out to review our hotel. The happy team members really make a difference when staying away from home. We will keep up the smiles and have them ready for you when you return to Charlotte.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stay at the Hilton chain hotels whenever we travel. For this trip we needed a 3 night stay for our family of 4. We've traveled enough this year to earn about 7 free nights on the hilton rewards program so we decided to use 3 nights at this hotel. It's a fairly new hotel, the rooms do not look like other homewood suites I've stayed at. The decor is much more modern. The beds were cozy and we all had GREAT nights rest. One night, there were a couple in another room that were being quite loud and keeping me from getting to sleep, I went down to the front desk at 2 am to mention this. The front desk attendant went to the other room and immediately took care of the problem. At other Homewood suites I've stayed at I've also noticed the showers do not have any anti-slip material on the floor. I thought this was standard at Homewood Suites, I've searched the internet for other guest experiences at Homewood and it seems quote common. My last stay was at a Homewood in TN and I took a nasty fall in the shower. I had vowed to never stay in a Homewood suites again but since this location was pretty new we figured we'd give it a shot. I am happy to report that this shower actually has an anti-slip material in the shower <cue applause>. Our schedule did not allow for us to eat at the hotel but they do serve a hot/cold breakfast. They have an outdoor pool. They also have a comfortable lounge area and a snack/beverage area by the front desk. I am still hesitant to stay at other Homewood suites strictly because of my nasty fall in TN, however I will reconsider based on the newness of the hotel in the future in other locations. Regarding this hotel., I will definitely return to this location in the future if it best suites my needs.

1  Thank CarolinaBlue73

Hello CarolinaBlue73, thanks for the review and recognition about how we are different in a good way. The interior designers really did an outstanding job on the decor and all the finishing touches throughout. Hopefully, you will continue to find good Homewood Suite hotels to stay at during your travels, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Charlotte.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Hotel was beautifully furnished both inside and out and provided a very inviting atmosphere. The staff members were top-notch and sincere in their extension of hospitality. Everyone went out of their way to greet me at every turn, and make sure my stay was satisfactory. I will be sure to return upon my next visit to Charlotte as well as refer any friends and family. Sending a great big thank you to Kevin, Thomas, Trey and the Night Auditor on Tuesday 8/19/14 (James I believe) keep up the good work and excellent customer service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hello Cherelle123, it was a pleasure having you stay with us. Glad that you got the chance to meet Thomas, and Trey they are a good team. Thanks for taking the time out to review our hotel and team members. Come see us the next time you are in Charlotte.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here due to a recent meeting in Charlotte. While I didn't want to stay in town I would have stayed here forever. Awesome staff and although new, they made the difference. Great room, and fantastic service. Big shout out to Trey!
If I ever come back to Charlotte, you will be my first choice.
Rock on!

Room Tip: Get a small one or you'll forget something