“Great weekend stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Delray Beach, Florida
“Great weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

As I recall the weekend, I think how friendly everyone was with outstanding customer service. The room was spotless.

As a Marriott Platinum member, this was my first Renaissance experience and the brand did not disappoint. The bar and restaurant staff were very accommodating.

I will add two minor issues. I thought the common areas had too strong of a "perfume fragrance" and after a while it was annoying. Also, the parking spaces were very tight and limited.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Noteworthy hotel stay.

The level of customer service at the hotel was excellent, from the moment I checked in until the moment I left. The property was immaculate--both in the the hotel rooms, the fitness center, the club lounge, and even the staircase from the ground floor to the top was spotless.

Staff, service and property were lovely! Though full, the hotel was very quiet. The quality of the food in the club lounge was excellent with many fresh, healthy breakfast options as well as tasty evening snacks for foodie types. Wireless internet was great and at no additional charge to Rewards member @ Silver Elite level.

I have stayed at this property many times and it has always been a positive experience, but this stay was notably different -- kudos to Marriott on a job well done!

Room Tip: Top floor is 7 -- very quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Checked in for a 3-day business trip at this property where we stay quite frequently when we are in Charlotte. Bellman had my luggage out of the cab and inside the hotel before I could even pay for the cab. I was pre-checked in, so sign in was about 1 minute total, and I was even upgraded to a nicer room without asking. Haven't been to this hotel since December, yet the perky hotel bartender Kat remembered my name and even what I drink. Rooms are very comfy, housekeeping is immaculate, hotel customer service is excellent, and the food is pretty decent. Will always be my first choice when I stay in Charlotte!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Saint John, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

What a great experience from the moment we checked in. The front desk was so very helpful and friendly, the bellman was terrific. Our room was very nice, comfortable and well appointed.The Club Lounge was awesome, what a great variety of items to choose from. Mitzi was the BEST, we enjoyed our time in the Lounge just talking with her. We travel often and this was our favorite Club Lounge in the USA, they should be very proud and other Club Lounges should take note. Stephanie chatted with us and we complimented her and Mitzi. We really enjoyed our stay and wished we could stay longer. The hotel is in a great location, mall right across the street, high end stores and several nice restaurants. Our visit to Charlotte has been a great experience and we hope to return in the future and will definitely stay at the Renaissance SouthPark. The public areas are very well appointed also, a very classy hotel and a big winner for Marriott, I am proud to be a Platinum member, my loyalties are with Marriott! Great job!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
columbia south carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a great 3 star hotel. We made the trip to charlotte to visit southpark and this hotel was the perfect location. It was not too far from the mall or downtown area. The beds are super nice and comfy. It dosnt have that motel feel or anything but instead it is very classy. The tv's are nice with tons of channels including movie channels. The bathrooms are very nice and the entire room is really clean. The service was great. I am VERY picky on hotels becaues im a germaphobe but the rooms are great!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I think the thing I like best about Renaissance, and Marriott brands in general, is that they are very consistent. Once you have been to one you can have a pretty good idea of what another one will be like. The room was fine (although last time we got upgraded to a really nice corner room) and they provide all the amenities one can think of. The staff that greets you practically fall over you being friendly. It was appreciated, but if they did much more of it I think it may have become annoying. Although it is a full service hotel, it was fine for me bringing in the couple of small suitcases ourselves without us feeling obligated to use their bell men. There are lots of good places to eat right near the hotel - several within easy walking distance. The pricing here, as with many hotels, vary considerably based on when you go. We got a very good rate on the weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I am a soccer mom who handles the arrangements of over night accomodations, social and meal arrangements for our traveling soccer team of 11 year old girls. I was suprised to see this hotel on our list of options. It was only the highest in cost by only$5. I thought this would be a wonderful treat for our girls as we usually stay at the varied likes of a Holiday Inn Express to a Embassy Suites.
Upon arrival I was impressed with Michael who greated us like rock stars and took care of our car . The girls with me were amoured by his positive and excited personality. Check in was smooth with a free upgrade. The choclate moose cups and flavored water in the lobby was offered to the children in such a welcoming way. As we progressed further into the hotel and the girls were hopping from one beautiful couch to another I thought to myself, I hope the hotel will be okay with our group....
Our bags were in our room when we got up there. The room was perfect in size. small fridge. Very clean, contemporary but cozy.
The staff through out this 2 night stay was teriffic. Never felt like they minded the likes of our 11 year olds as they enjoyed the lobby, pool and even the hand scrub in the lobby bathrooms. One morning the sweet girl at the front desk actually went upstairs and got my daughters flip flops from our room and brought them to her. I was unaware this was happening and couldnt believe how accomodating they were to our group. Once again my daughter feeling like a rock star with this lavish treatment. We called to the front desk for jelly,towels,extra creamer amongst other things and were always treated graciously and not charged extra. I asked if we would be charged for wifi for the girls to use their ipod touches as I have 4g and didnt need it. We were given this at no charge!
I was just amazed with Jessica and how she handled our unfourtunate dinner situation in the resturante on Saturday night. A 6:30 reservation made months back for a group of 25 was a disaster.Still not sure what exactly happened and how but we didnt get served until 8 and they clearly were not prepared for our group. We were basically the only ones in the resturante but clearly there was a huge problem. No need for more details just proceed with caution if booking a large group for dinner there.Management (Jessica) did everything but give it all away free in the end. 2o% off, free desert and no charge for beverages. Of course by 9pm the girls wanted to be in the pool!!!
To top off Jessicas effort to smooth things over the night before we were givin to go boxes in the morning with juice, water, fruits and a cereal bar...WITH... a hand written note in all 20 boxes that said FROM OUR TEAM TO YOURS....GOOD LUCK TODAY!
I could go on about how pleased I was with our experience here and I only hope that this is again an option next year!
I hope Jessica is well taken care of by the company because she certainly is taking EXCELLENT care of your guests. It is because of her heart felt efforts along with the staff in general, to provide good service that Saturday nights mishap is a blurr. I hope to have a reason to return!!!

Room Tip: Corner king was a hit. Room 532 or 523... cant remember, but it was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family