“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Tigerville, South Carolina
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We checked in Thursday evening after a big family Thanksgiving. The staff was wonderful, going out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We were greeted in the lobby with a nice Glass of merlot and a hummus appetizer. I had asked for a few accommodations with the room and they were all met. We had drinks and appetizers in the bar. Our bartender was attentive and professional. She really was incredible, handling a large number of patrons with ease, the food came quickly and was delicious. I am planning a trip next month to Charlotte, and even though this is not the closest hotel for me for this visit...it will be my destination. I look forward to visiting this hotel again!

Room Tip: The corner king was spacious!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LibbyHT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed here as part of a family gathering and I was amazed at how friendly and helpful EVERY staff member was! The rooms are nice but the gym is first class along with the atrium area...check out the outdoor courtyard for evening drinks!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank chris92009
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I give it 5 stars for being a heck of a value, based on my AAA Rate. I'm not the most frequent traveler, but this was an absolute bargain and QUALITY. Free Starbucks in the morning, a glass of palatable wine and some nibble at arrival (and so, presumably every night). We had one of the 2nd floor kings with a balcony. There are only a few of these, and you can see from one to another; there didn't seem to be any on the higher floors. Bed quality, fantastic, bathroom, updated recently, lobby and room furniture attractive and functional. The curtains were plenty think and dark enough to dampen the noise and maintain enough darkness for us to sleep in on Thanksgiving Day, and even on Black Friday. Kids love the indoor pool, the fitness center is basic but should suffice most. Not sure what a club upgrade would cost, or whether its standard with a Marriot Rewards program, but it provides what sounded like a solid breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BoBromhal
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Had a wonderful time at the Renaissance! The rooms are really nice - loved the hardwood floors! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful; plus Danny at the door was a cheerful ray of sunshine every time we came and left. We will definitely stay there again when we are back in Charlotte!

Room Tip: become a rewards member and get an upgrade:) Actually, other friend there that did not get an upgrad...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelVanGiez
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I stayed there or a quick getaway to celebrate our twentieth wedding anniversary. The staff, knowing from the reservation comments, the purpose of our trip went above and beyond for us (in observing the staff with other guests, the staff treated everyone with the utmost respect and kindness). They gave us access to the Club Lounge, and treated us like we were the most important guests of the day. The valet to the front desk to the housekeeping staff to the Club Lounge attendant - everyone was so kind and helpful. I've traveled extensively, and I must state that this is among the best customer service that I've ever had - great staff. The public spaces are wonderful. The outdoor courtyard with it's fountain and fire pit, lit trees and comfortable layout was SO inviting as was the indoor adjacent bar and public gathering area. The only not positive comment that I could make is that the rooms need a bit of a color palette update, however, this in no way would prevent me from staying there again. The bed was absolutely luscious and the room was extremely clean. You can't go wrong with a stay at this property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank micd5522
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I loved this hotel! My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and this hotel was the highlight of the weekend. From the time we got out of the car we were greeted warmly by the valet. The front desk staff was amazing, friendly, fun, and professional. Especially Raina. The entire hotel smells so refreshing and the decor is modern and vibrant.
We stayed on the 7th floor in the executive suite. The only word to describe the room is amazing! It was very clean, had an awesome view of the city from the balcony. The furniture in the sitting area was nice. And the bed was very comfortable. But the best thing in the room was the shower! I spent an hour in the shower and only got out because my husband forced me too. We enjoyed breakfast in the club lounge that was pretty good.

We will definitely be coming back to stay here again the next time we are in Charlotte.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Rehshetta W
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a good hotel for business travelers with some minor cons.

I wish there had been a coffee shop on premises or nearby, as well as a pharmacy. The mall across the street has premium stores and an easy walk, though. The location is also about 20 minutes south of downtown, so if you plan on going out at night or seeing cultural attractions you're going to need a car or be willing to pay about $36-$40 each way. Aside from a less than central location, if you are working in Southpark or attending an event in the hotel it will be a very comfortable experience. There staff were very hospitable and accommodating. The hotel had a good gym, and a nice central garden with a firepit, rocking chairs and trees.

I would recommend this hotel to business travelers, but I would keep in mind the distance from downtown and how necessary a car is for navigating around Charlotte.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business