Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #19 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I do quite a bit of leisure traveling in the Southeast and East coast and we usually stay at upscale business class hotels on the weekends because of the discount rates. I must say that this hotel is the first one in several years to wow us with their hospitality. It is refreshing to patronize a business where the staff seems genuinely happy not only to have you as a customer but to be at work as well. The facilities also reflect this attitude in cleanliness and comfort. We will definitely stay here again whenever we are in Charlotte!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

With someone that travels as often as you do, we are honored to have really wowed you. Our hotel Hosts are very committed to our guests and their jobs. We look forward to your return to the city and our hotel!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I took my hubby to Charlotte for his bday recently. We stayed here at the Renaissance SouthPark. The staff was immediately very friendly and wished him a happy birthday. We were offered complimentary champagne upon arrival. Everybody was just very polite and inviting. Our room was awesome! We got the king executive suite. We ended up not really using the suite area though, because we went to dinner and got back late. If I had to do it all over again, I might just get the standard king room. We did get the club level which was very worth it for the included breakfast. It was absolutely outstanding!! Great variety of all sorts of foods, including some healthy. The workout gym was great too...we were offered complimentary fresh-fruit water and handed towels during the workout! We would stay here again hands down!!!!

Room Tip: Club level is worth it for the amazing breakfast!! The suites are best if you plan to be in the roo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorthCarolinaLadybug
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

We are honored that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your husband’s birthday and happy to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities we had to offer you. Access to our club lounge is a lovely bonus that I’m glad you were able to experience during your stay, along with finding time to hit the gym; guests seem to really enjoy the fresh fruit water. We hope you will think of us when planning your next celebration getaway.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed here for business at the beginning of January. The hotel is beautiful! Very modern and chic. The staff is very friendly and helpful, couldn't ask for better service. I ate in one night and ordered room service and it was absolutely delicious. It's very close to South Park mall and all the surrounding restaraunts and bars, so there is plenty to do right outside your door. With my business reservation we had access to the concierge room for breakfast and it was very good. The only complaint I have about this hotel, and why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars, was the quality of the beds and pillows - they were very hard and uncomfortable. It is a great place to stay for business or leisure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I’m glad that you enjoyed our hotel décor and ambassadors as they took care of you during your stay. I do apologize for the lack of comfort you experienced with our pillows and bed. While everyone has a different preference with firm versus soft pillows, we do offer both feather and foam. Upon your next visit, just give a call to one of our ambassadors and they will take care of your request.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great hotel and it was a great location. I enjoyed my stay here it was very electic and modern. We enjoyed the brunch and the open area with fountains and funky chairs. I enjoyed all the amenities and he sauna and pool on the complex. About 5 miles from time warner arena and 2 miles from the mall great location. I will return

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us, I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself enough to feel confident about returning for another stay. Our sauna and pool are luxurious items in our hotel and it’s great to hear about our guests taking full advantage of them. We look forward to your next visit and helping you further explore our city.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We usually stay at JW Marriott's, Needless to stay we love staying there. On this trip to visit the Nascar Hall of Fame we chose to stay at the Renaissance. As soon as we got out of the car we were greeted by Danny, he was so kind and helpful(EXCEPTIONAL) He went above and beyond his duties and we instantly knew that we had made the right decision. When we came in we were given champagne and instantly acknowledged by the staff. I was asked my last name, and was given our room keys right away, no waiting, no fuss ( we were in shock) The hotel itself is very beautiful and it smells so clean. The decor is modern but does not feel cold, the outside courtyard is gorgeous and very comfortable. We went up to our room and again were not dissapointed with the cleanliness. We went downstairs and again Danny was very helpful in giving us options for dinner.The next morning we decided to have breakfast at the hotel, our server Larry was amazing, he not only was a great server but was also very friendly with the kids. He was on top of everything, the food was very good and we had a wonderful breakfast. We checked out early sunday morning, sad to leave the Renaissance and Charlotte. We will most definitely be back to this hotel !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We are so excited to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations. As JW Marriott is an amazing brand of Marriott, I’m glad you and your family were able to experience a true Renaissance stay with us. Danny and Larry are great assets to our hotel’s success. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to them as we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Charlotte!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family stayed over the New Years Holiday and the rooms, staff and service was great. The rooms were clean and very spacious. The breakfast buffet was very good with many choices. We took the Hotel shuttle to airport and they were extremely friendly and it was a very enjoyable ride. I would highly recommend staying here if ever in the area

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We appreciate you staying with us over the holiday and it’s wonderful to hear how much you and your family enjoyed our rooms and buffet. We hope you come back to our city and visit us again!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I've stayed in a lot of nice hotels - but frankly, due to the people and the "extra" touches this is simply the best hotel I've found. From the moment I arrived (5:30am from a red eye) I was greeted by the morning front door man who immediately took my baggage under control and escorted me to the front desk where the young woman checked to see if there was any way I could check in (arrival time was for the afternoon). My type of room wasn't available but they set me up with my Executive passkey and sent me into the care of the dining room manager and staff who continued the same excellent care. Later during my stay Kat took great care of me at the bar (as a wine drinker I especially appreciated their use of nice stemware and the selection of excellent wines) and Danny always made me feel like I was staying with friends rather than at a generic hotel. The salt scrub in the downstairs bathroom is just one of the excellent "extra" touches that serves to elevate this hotel. To the manager and all the staff - you are amazing, great job and keep hiring such fabulous people!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank clf1967

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel. I’m delighted to hear how welcomed you felt after your early flight into Charlotte and that we were able to accommodate you until your room was available. I also appreciate your patience during that time. Kat and Danny are great assets to our team and I’ll be sure to pass your comments onto them. It’s good to know that our wine selection and salt scrubs were to your liking as well. We look forward to having you return to our hotel and having the opportunity of impressing you again.