“Calm, Peaceful, Quiet but Near Everything”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #19 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Walking into this hotel is like walking into a spa. Danny holds the door and welcomes you with a smile (he's great!), the ladies at the front desk check you in efficiently and politely, and Kat serves you dinner and drinks with friendly, excellent service. The ambience of the lobby is amazing. You literally want to lounge and absorb the amazing atmosphere. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, clean. After a long day of working, staying here is a dream. I really felt taken care of and cared for. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We truly appreciate knowing that you feel taken care of and compare staying with us to a dream. Your kind comments about Danny, Kat and our Ambassadors at the front desk will be shared with the team; it’s a special treat when we can recognize specific associates and departments within the hotel for their hard work. We look forward to future opportunities of hosting you at the Renaissance SouthPark and continuing to impress you.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business and pleasure. Each time, they have taken good care of me. The staff have been pleasent upon arrival. Rooms are always clean and inviting. Ambiance sets the tone for the stay. I haven't eaten at their restaurant, but there's always many people there. Restaurants are walking distance from the hotel. The surroundings aren't suspect, but rather comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

It’s always great to read a review from a returning guest, makes us feel confident in our Ambassadors and their service. We appreciate your positive comments about our reception area, as well as the SouthPark area we are located in. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and hopefully on your next visit you will have the opportunity to try our Flagstones Restaurant!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is located in a nice area, primarily in a business park. Located near many dining options. The lobby was warm and inviting. Found the room to be clean and well organized. The bathroom was a nice size and the amenities were wonderful. I had the king executive corner room. Location of room was quite. The beds were extremely comfortable. A microwave and single serve coffee maker was in the room. Complimentary Starbucks coffee was offered in the lobby every morning. The bar was a fun place to hang out after a long day of meetings. Staff very friendly. Ate in the restaurant twice, nothing really to rave about, normal hotel food, in my option. The indoor swimming pool was nice, a little small but good for a quick dip to cool off. The valet service was quick to retrieve your automobile when you needed to leave. Alan the valet was always smiling and always greeting you with a warm smile and with a good morning or good evening. Complimentary wine is served from 5-7 as well as infused water. The only thing that I did not like was that the scent coming from the air vents was a over powering which caused me to have a slight headache. Over all, this is a great hotel with exceptional staff who is willing to assist you with what ever you ask. I will be staying here again, when in the Charlotte area. As a matter of fact, I will be staying here again mid August. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travelers alike. Thank You Renaissance for a fantasic stay. See you in August.

Room Tip: The corner rooms tend to be quieter and larger. Arrive around 5 for the complimentary wine and infu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for offering your high recommendation of our property and we’re excited to know you’ll be returning soon! We appreciate hearing how much guests enjoy all the different things we have to offer on property, such as the indoor pool and complimentary coffee in our reception area. It’s also a personal pleasure to read reviews about specific Ambassadors, such as Alan; he is an asset to our team and will appreciate your comments about his gracious attitude and willingness to serve our guests. We look forward to seeing you in August!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at the Renaissance Southpark this past week for several days. I was impressed with the friendly, helpful staff and the hotel is beautiful. We had a room with an indoor balcony. This was great for my kids because they were spending a lot of time in the room with grandma while I was away for a business meeting. The indoor pool is nice as well.
The rooms are very clean and well maintained. No issues at all. The lounge area is lovely and worked well for business travel and meetings. The funky chairs are great! Excellent stay.

Room Tip: Indoor balcony if possible. It overlooks the lounge/atrium area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

It’s great to hear that your extended time with us was impressive and enjoyable. We appreciate your compliments on our guest rooms, indoor pool and even the funky chairs! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to have future opportunities of hosting you!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was recently put up here courtesy of us airways. After an exhausting day Maria at the front desk took excellent care. I was quickly looked after and up to my room in minutes. The restaurant and bar were ok for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Maria will be happy to hear how much you enjoyed her tentative care during your unexpected stay with us. We understand that while traveling, things may not go according to plan but we appreciate knowing the room was to your liking. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Renaissance SouthPark is across the street from Southpark Mall & there are many good restaurants in the area. The public areas are very nice, but the rooms are not very special or quiet. During my last visit there were wedding receptions occurring downstairs (Saturday stay) & some family groups on the 5th floor were going back & forth to different rooms, slamming doors, and talking loudly. If it hadn't been so late (& I wasn't in my pj's), I would have requested another room. Instead I had to listen to various noises coming from the room next door and in the hallway. If you avoid visiting on the weekend, you'll probably enjoy your stay. I didn't enjoy mine though.

Room Tip: Request a room at the end of the hall or bring ear plugs because the doors slam shut.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the SouthPark area. We apologize for the disturbances you experienced on Saturday night. Had we known your were dissatisfied during your stay we would have worked towards a solution to further improve your time with us but we understand it was late in the night. Our Ambassadors are very devoted to our guests’ satisfaction and count on this type of feedback to help our hotel run successfully. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences you expereinced but hope for an opportunity to improve your opinion of our property.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding here in May 2014. This place is very modern and clean. My event planner manager, Erin, was great helping us planning and getting everything ready for the day. Definitely recommend doing ceremony at their courtyard because the big tree there i gorgeous along with jewels and lanterns on the tree. Also the hotel gave us the presidential suite for us to stay and it was super awesome! Friendly and great staff at this hotel!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

First of all, congratulations on your wedding! We are honored to have been part of such a special and beautiful day. Erin is a great asset to our team and is always very devoted to her clients, I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to her. We’re happy that your time in our hotel, from the guest rooms to your ceremony and reception, were all to your liking. We hope you will return for more celebrations or even just a weekend getaway!