“Superb experience in every way”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #18 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
York, South Carolina
“Superb experience in every way”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booked 10 rooms for a group and stayed there myself. We were given a very good rate, the staff was easy to deal with and efficient, and once on-site I was absolutely delighted with the property, facilities and most of all the service. This is a wonderfully located, perfectly managed hotel and I would recommend it to ANYONE visiting Charlotte for any reason. I actually live in the Charlotte area so may not be staying here myself again, but it was simply outstanding ... and I am quite an experienced traveler!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We appreciate your high recommendation for our hotel staff, service and amenities. It’s great to know that you and your group were able to enjoy our property and the SouthPark area during your stay. Though you may live in the area, we hope you have the opportunity to enjoy a stay-cation so we can see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Although a little more expensive, the location was great as we were visiting friends in the Southpark area and the abundance of restaurants & shopping nearby is the best it can be. Our room was very comfortable and the service was superior. Every evening at the check-in desk there was a complementary beverage and a sample of nuts all served in glass containers which was a nice touch. The Club Lounge served the very best evening h'orderves on any US Marriott I have been in and hot & cold complementary beverages were always available. I give the hotel top marks all around.

Room Tip: Get a room with club lounge access as it includes breakfast, comp beverages all day, computer w/prin...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
It’s great to know that you found your stay with us worth your while! The SouthPark area is ideal for discovering new restaurants that are local to our Charlotte city. We're delighted to know that we were able to provide you with the best evening h'orderves you’ve experienced. We hope you’ll find a reason to visit Charlotte again!
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed two nights here with my two daughters on a girls' road trip. We found the hotel easily in this nice part of town, and we enjoyed very pleasant hospitality during our visit. The concierge lounge was especially appreciated for treats and drinks each evening. Full breakfast, including eggs, oatmeal and bacon, was fresh and warm, and the server tending this area was friendly and efficient. Our room was clean and pretty, and although there was no scenic view, we appreciated the large windows allowing us to survey the surrounding area. The downstairs lobby and courtyard are well designed with contemporary furniture, lighting and water features. Bell men and front desk personnel were courteous and quick to provide assistance. The most confusing faucet in the world confounded me in the shower/tub, and other bathroom fixtures need updating. Aside from these details, the room was comfortable and convenient for us. Would recommend and return to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
It’s wonderful to know how much you and your daughters enjoyed our hotel during your road trip. I am glad to know that everything was to your liking from our location and Concierge Lounge to our clean rooms and courteous Ambassadors. I appreciate your suggestion on bathroom fixture updates; we will use these comments to work towards further improving our property. We look forward to more opportunities of hosting you in the future!
pa
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years. Always the same....clean, comfortable, friendly staff and the location is in lovely Southpark area.
Within walking distance to a fabulous shopping mall. Go the other direction and you can walk to great restaurants. Or stay at the hotel and enjoy the comfortable outdoor lounge area!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate knowing that we are your go-to hotel choice when you visit the Charlotte area. Thank you for taking time to review our property and expose how amazing the SouthPark area is, along with our great team of Ambassadors. We look forward to your next visit!
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I typically stay at 4 or 5 stars hilton hotels, however, this was my first visit to a Marriort 4 stars hotel. Their website was impressive, but actual hotel property was below standards. I was very disappointed with the room size, cleanliness of the rooms and management response to my concerns. They wanted to relocate me to another room but I just couldn't see moving to another dirty room. I should have asked for my money back but we arrived late, had a 8 month old and wasn't familiar with the area.....lesson learned!
Also, the hotel had a very strong fragrant piping through the airvents. The smell was very strong as if they were trying to hide an odor. Room lighting was very dim, no actual restauarant sitting, it's located in the hotel lobby. Front desk staff was friendly, manager not so friendly. I don't see my family revisiting this location. I would have been better off staying a Holiday Inn. Good luck!!!

Room Tip: Don't judge according to the website with this hotel. Good luck!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Please accept my apologies for your disappointment with the cleanliness of your room as well as with the design of the hotel. I understand that you mentioned your concern with the room’s cleanliness to our staff after checking in; and they offered to clean the room again for you or move you to a different room of your choice. I have been told you declined both options and chose to stay in the original room. Due to your concern, your room rate was adjusted with what we believe is the fair amount of compensation for this situation. We are very proud of the contemporary style and open layout of our hotel; however, realize that this does not suit the needs of everyone. We are glad to have had the opportunity to serve as your host and would be delighted to welcome you back on a future visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel as a last minute getaway. Staff was very friendly. Located within walking distance to great shopping and several places to eat. If there was one thing I could change about this hotel, it would be the lighting. There were several lamps in the room but still seems very dim. I would stay at this hotel again when in the area!

• Stayed August 2014
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark. I appreciate your comments about our staff and value your input about the lighting in our guest room. We welcome all suggestions from our guests, as this is how we can improve our product and make future stays more comfortable. We are so glad that you would chose to stay with us again; and look forward to your next visit!
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Every employee I came into contact with was very friendly.

We had a double room. It came with iron, ironing board, hair dryer, HUGE shower head which I loved, a fridge, coffee maker.

It's right across the street from a mall... I think South Park Mall although I could be wrong. That mall is with in walking distance. There are several resteraunts/bars with in walking distance.

The pool is large, indoor & the gym is really nice. There's also a sauna which my kids & I used to warm up after getting out of the pool.

There's salt scrub in the bathrooms...nice touch I thought. Yes they have the salt scrub at the front for purchase.

There's an outdoor area with a fire pit too.

Cons.... $12.95 charge for internet/per day!

BEWARE.... the charge is added to your final bill. if you're not careful or your kids are not careful you will have this charge. JUST FYI

Stayed August 2014
GMRHR, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of your very kind comments about our staff and facility. Please take the opportunity before your next visit to sign up for the Marriott Rewards program. This is a free process and all Marriott Rewards member receive complimentary Internet at our hotel. We hope to see you back with us in the near future!