“Sleaziest hotel and service ever!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Charlotte Express Inn
Charlotte Express Inn
Ranked #160 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Sleaziest hotel and service ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The first room I was checked into had a dead cockroach belly up on the bathroom floor. The 2nd room I was transferred to was already occupied… 3rd room had electricity problems and we had a rough night sleeping with all of the car doors and voices outside of the room all.night.long… Definitely felt like I was captive inside a room where drug deals were going on all night outside. Horrible service and the attendant was quite nasty the next morning not offering to even make coffee so we could plan our escape! Never have I ever been up at the crack of dawn and wanting to leave so quickly!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Miranda H

New London, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family and I stayed overnight in this hotel because our flight was canceled due to the snowstorm and all the other hotels were already full. It was a place to lay down our weary heads, but that's about it. From the lobby to the hotel exterior, the place was in disrepair, and our room wasn't much better. We had hair and soap scum in our shower, hair on the toilet (gross!), and hair and dirt on the sink. Furthermore, there were cigarette ashes in the toilet paper holder, the curtains had tears in them, and the dresser was falling apart. The beds at least were made, but when we found a previous patron's court order tucked among the sheets, we questioned whether the linen had even been washed...That's something I really don't want to think about. I e-mailed the manager about the condition of the room, and he hasn't even had the courtesy to respond. My conclusion? If you like staying in dirty, dilapidated hotels then this one is for you. Otherwise, I suggest you choose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Stephanie A
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

This place is not even worth the time to look at. The room smelled so bad and everything in the room had a layer of grim on it. People constantly slamming doors and acting ignorant. Drugs and Prostitution everywhere. I watched men come in and out of one room with a young girl staying there. Stay away from this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially if you have children. This is the type of place that if Human Services found out that you let your kid/kids stay there they may just do an investigation on you. I stayed maybe an hour and got the heck out of there!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank pclovin
Carlstadt, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

Very courteous, helpful and professional staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Located very close to downtown and airport. Great rooms and service for the price. Recommend to all budget travelers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CharlotteExpressInn, General Manager at Charlotte Express Inn, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
We wanted to thank you for the time you taken to review us & we appericiate your time
thanks sherly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 1.5 days with my dog. On the second day after I had been walking him around already for a day half they asked me to leave cuz of my dog!!! Ya makes no sence and wouldn't refund my money eather. If you ask me go to the knights inn down the road same price and much better qualty for your money.

• Stayed September 2010
6 Thank Srslappy
We are sorry for the inconvience you had during your stay but as you no at the time of checkinn that Charlotte Express Inn is not a PET FRIENDLY hotel listed on the web site . And we have to request you to leave as per management policy, to keep up the policy .
charlotte, nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

VERY nasty rooms, rude owners, bugs ,bugs, bugs! I definately won't be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank rubbertoe1
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2009

I would definitely stay here again. The rooms look like they have been recently renovated and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. After speaking to the onwers, I found out that this hotel has changed management a few months back and it really shows! The rooms are cheap and clean, and it is conveniently located off I-85.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends