“OMG, please get Ma's greens, ribs melt in your mouth, service great. we went bk 2 x's so did our other fam. members .”

McKoy's Smoke House and Saloon
Ranked #13 of 2,438 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

food was too good. !!! really. ribs melt in your mouth, service great. we went bk 2 x's so did our other fam. members .they also enjoyed the night life . had drinks there. very social .

Reviewed 26 July 2014

McKoy's Smoke House and Saloon is a great place to eat. I guess you need to time it for the crowd that you want to eat with. The family (wife and son-10) and I all went to eat on a SAT at 12:30 for lunch. I read the reviews and a lot of them said that despite the biker kind of atmosphere they went anyway and didn't regret it. To be honest, we don't go to bars or clubs for that matter. And we are very glad we went to McKoy's too. When we arrived it was nice, clean, had a large parking area and was easy to find. The tables were large and not crowded together. It was actually kind of quiet. We could carry on a normal-toned conversation. Overall, we had a great time. There is a bar but very few people were sitting there. The customers included a mix of families and couples occupying the dining areas. They also have a large deck with umbrellas if you prefer to eat outside. The staff was very friendly and checked on us often. Drinks were never dry and the food was simply outstanding. This, hands down, was the best BBQ we have had in a very long time. I can't remember the last time I had food this good. Our son had the kids BBQ ribs (see picture). He tried to eat it all, it was so good. A great quality meal. My wife and I split the "LTD," short for "Living the Dream" (see picture). You'll see references to it in other reviews as the "sampler" but its called the LTD on the menu. It was a delicious mix of pulled pork (they have vinegar base and tomato based sauces available), brisket, chicken and ribs. It was cooked to perfection, but what really knocked it out of the park was the smoked flavor. It was nice and moist and every bite was savory good. It comes with two sides, we had the fried okra and cole slaw. They were also very good. We absolutely will be returning (it's a two hour drive for us to get there) and will definitely recommend this place. Oh and a nice touch was the bathroom decor, you gotta check it out!

1  Thank BlueThunder91
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had lunch at McKoy's one day after not being able to decide where to eat that we hadn't tried.
It was not the worst food I ever ate, but it was far from the best and once was enough for us.
I can see where the folks that come here at night like the biker atmosphere, but for lunch, it was not appealing. Our waitress was not very attentive, she was more interested in a guy at the bar and texting on her phone. We both decided there were way too many other good places to eat
than to come back here.

1  Thank NeedMoreWine
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The service was great and the food was excellent. The portions are large enough to share but good enough so you might not want to!

2  Thank djp738
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've been to McKoy's Smokehouse on Friday several times for their Bike Night, a lot of fun, and entertaining with the live band and all the cool bikes and all varieties of people around having a beer or five. It's a relaxed atmosphere if you just want to chill, and you just might make a new friend or two while you're here.

I will have to say though, as fun as the bikers are, the food is the highlight here. All the times I've been here to eat, I haven't been able to steer myself away from what I call my "usual" now. I love the McKoy's BBQ sandwich, pulled pork smoked over pecan wood and topped with coleslaw along with my side of fried squash. They also offer a lot of delicious sides like mac n' cheese, collard greens, fried okra, etc., which my friends have eaten and said were delicious too. The serving sizes are plentiful, there's never any room left for dessert, and they offer some yummy sounding ones, like homemade coconut pie and fried cheesecake just to mention a couple. There's a lot of stuff on their menu such as wings, soup and salads, sandwiches, wraps, and they even offer dishes like grilled salmon and shrimp and grits if barbeque isn't your thing.

I look forward to returning to McKoy's soon, for the food and the fun. By the way, no bike required for bike night. ; )

2  Thank LoveTheGrape