“Great Food and good wines”
Review of Copper

Copper
Reserve with OpenTable
Copper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 2,404 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Blvd.
Description: The cuisine at Copper is contemporary. Restaurateur Aparappar Singh Pannu and chef Mel Oza have developed a menu that incorporates traditional flavors and culinary techniques of classic Indian cuisine and have given it all a nouveau twist.
Charlotte
“Great Food and good wines”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here 3 times and it's always wonderful. They have classic Indian dishes, as well as modern takes on traditional cuisine. The wine selection is very good. Presentation is well done and service is great. All good stuff to report at Copper!

Portland, Oregon
“Not your typical Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have gone to Copper many times and have loved it every time. There are innovative contemporary and traditional Indian dishes. It is in a lovely house in Dilworth and the service is delightful. We brought a vegan, foodist, friend and asked the chef to prepare a meal for him. The chef did, my friend was delighted and everyone raved that it was one of the best Indian meals they'd ever had. Prices are quite reasonable given what a lovely setting, meal, everything. This restaurant is a good special occasion or date night place without being pretentious or overly pricey.

• Visited February 2014
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“So, So, Indian”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The atmosphere is ok, most of the time. We sat in a front room that was really warm. The food was ok as well. I have had much better meals there in the past. Service was good. I feel that their prices are somewhat higher than they should be.

Visited June 2014
South Carolina
“Great setting, mediocre food.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was pretty excited when I walked into Copper--it's in a beautifully redone old house. And the menu promised something a little more interesting than standard Charlotte Indian food. But my entree and appetizer were both kind of blah, not nearly as good as the dishes I've had at other Indian places around town. Also, they were more expensive. I kind of got the feeling that Copper was trying too hard to be different.

I should say that my husband liked what he ordered quite a bit more than I liked mine (it was a few months ago, so I don't remember exactly what we ordered). Also, our dessert was unusually good--I think it was the Three Excuses--and the bar looked really inviting. I'd go back for drinks and maybe give the food a second try.

Visited March 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Love It - Love It”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The first night of our vacation started with a romantic night at the Copper Modern Indian Cuisine in Charlotte. Since we are headed to Canada, I opted NOT to go to my usual, Ri Ras, but instead to do something different. I’ve had a hankering for Indian food for the last few weeks and the wife spotted this on TripAdvisor with very high marks and comments.

Yes, the house is nice but I was trying to read on TA what to eat. One poster mentioned that he always gets the Chicken Tiki Massala. My wife ordered the Tiki and I ordered the southern lamb (southern India that is).

I was about to give the restaurant 4 stars because the front porch where we were first seated was leaning slightly. I can take leaning parallel to the slope, but NOT perpendicular! I also do not like curt waiters and was expecting that based on a few other reviewer comments.

So we changed our seat without asking. We were afraid someone else would get the prime spot we staked out if we waited for permission, so we just moved (seating problem solved). We know our Indian food and so when my wife asked the waiter’s opinion about which chicken dish to order, he was lively and friendly and steered her towards the Tiki, noting (1) the flavors of both dishes and (2) that many people love the Tiki (nice and efficient waiter). Along with the food, we ordered 3 glasses of pinot gris, nan, and raita. The bill, tax and tip, came to just over $90.

What makes this 5 stars in my mind (and my wife’s) is that our meals were outstanding - some of the best Indian food we have had. The Tiki was silky, hot with quality chicken that she cut with her fork. My lamb sauce was thicker than the Tiki sauce and oh so delicious in which high quality lamb bathed. This was a win win – She loved what she ordered and I loved what I ordered!

• Visited June 2014