“Fried chicken the way it should be!!!”

Price's Chicken Coop
Ranked #15 of 2,565 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our office just had a group lunch with no other than Price's Chicken Coop and as always it was a hit!! There were 11 who had fried chicken, 2 with BBQ and seafood plates so we had a variety among the group. Anytime I ask the office "Who wants Price's Chicken?" they come running to place their order and pay up!! One of our all time favorite places for carry out. If you have never tried Price's then what are you waiting for!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I admit that I was hesitant to try Price's, being that it's cash only and is only "to go". We had a catered lunch at work one day, which was catered by none other than Price's. I was blown away at how fabulous the chicken was. Some places fry chicken with absolutely no flavor or it's too greasy. Wow, Price's gets it, and they get it right! Don't let the decor fool you. I'll happily return to Price's for a great meal over one of those hoity toity overpriced places. I'm a fan for life!

1  Thank Tara L
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This chicken is not only the best chicken in CLT,but some of the best fried chicken I have ever had anywhere.We went after renting a car, so we had somewhere to sit and enjoy our meal.Unfortunately Price's does not have sit down space, so we found a group of ladies attending the AKA convention all dressed in their white eating while standing outside it's that good.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This place is consistently the best fried chicken in Charlotte. Consistently the best chicken which is perfectly cooked. I have met only a few people in Charlotte that actually disagree with me.

Love this place but don't try and sit down as there are no seats.

2  Thank Joe J
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I enjoyed my experience at the coop. The only problem is the lack of personality. It's like being at the DSS office. Everyone seems to have attitude and upset at the world. I mean when the cameras were in their they were all smiles and happy. Wow anyway the food was okay. I would like bigger sides due to the baby portions they hand out. For charlotte it Is one of the best but the attitude makes me stay away.