“Great Burger near Light Rail Park & Ride Station”
Review of Zack's Hamburgers

Zack's Hamburgers
Ranked #363 of 2,372 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Burger near Light Rail Park & Ride Station”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My Dad and I drove to Charlotte to attend a concert. We wanted to avoid the traffic and parking costs of uptown so we planned to park at the Scaleybark station and ride the Lynx into town. I checked Mapquest for restaurants in the area and found Zack's Hamburgers.

All the great reviews are true. The burgers, onion rings, and fries all rock! The place attracts all kinds of clientele from teenagers, guys in suits, and families of all races and economic backgrounds. I know because we saw them all come in while we were eating. I also noticed a lot of people had called in to-go orders which accounted for why it took longer to get our order then I expected. The only reasons why I didn't give them five stars is because both my Dad and I had cups that were 90% crushed ice and 10% beverage. It was a bit annoying to take just a couple sips and be out. We would have gone up to ask for a refill but there was a line and we needed to get going. I Also took off points because if there was a bathroom for customers it must have been outside around the building somewhere. The only door accessible from the inside said "Employees Only". Overall I would totally recommend this place to anyone who wants a good basic burger without any of the fancy gourmet stuff that is trending now. It was cheap American food done right!

• Visited January 2013

Chicago
“Burger stand”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

An old fashioned burger house with an extensive and a great stop on our way out of the airport. Just a couple miles. Don't forget to try the homemade onion rings. Many options here including milk shakes. A must stop if you are in the area! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
Central Mass
“Quality Burger Stand”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We were led here by a Google review score of 24 and a score over 4 on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The burgers were cooked perfectly, the fries and onion rings a golden brown and the milkshake was great as well. My wife pointed out that you can tell that a place like Zack's is great by the cross-section of people that go. While we were there, just about every walk of life stopped in for lunch. The Range Rover parked next to the beater Ford Tempo was a perfect example. If you want a great burger at a great price without pretense, Zack's is the place to go.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Al A
Buffalo, New York
“A cool dining discovery in Charlotte”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I had never heard of this place until a friend suggested it. At first glance, it looks like a blast from the past -- a sort of retro type of fast food joint, similar to the original McDonalds, minus the golden arches. There's even a photo of the place taken years ago...and not too different from the way it looks today.

Because I had been "burgered out" on this recent business trip, I decided to go with the grilled chicken instead. And it was excellent...much tastier and less processed tasting than what you get at McD's/Wendy's/BK/etc. And the fries are to die for, tasting like quality potatoes fried in oil that gets changed often. Not a trace of greasiness.

It was a quick, in-and-out meal break for me, but when I'm next in town I'll explore some of Zack's other menu items. A neat place, one of Charlotte's well-kept secrets, at least for me.

• Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Hamburgers and Other Things”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Just because the place is called Zack's Hamburgers doesn't mean the only sell hamburger's. I had their trout sandwich which is phenomenal, along with their rib eye sandwich. But, their specialty is, yes, hamburgers. I used to work on South Blvd and passed Zack's everyday for nearly 4 years without stopping there. The first time I went, I couldn't believe I missed out on years of great food and service. My wife and I now make biweekly stops here now. The food is cheap and delicious, and the service is excellent. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2012