“Good BBQ but not Great”

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Dilworth
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I can only speak to the food of this restaurant because we got our order to go. I had a high expectation of the BBQ after receiving a recommendation of it from a family member. I am sad to say that the BBQ was good but not great. I ordered a meal that included a little bit of 4 meats and 2 sides. I had turkey, brisket, pork and beer-can-chicken. The chicken was the best, the turkey too smoked for my taste. The pork and brisket had good flavor but the meat itself was too fatty and some parts tough. The sides were better than the barbecue itself. I had the mac and cheese which was excellent and the sweet potato fries were good. Will have to try another place the next time I'm in town.

1  Thank MissusWright
Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Great food! We were looking for a BBQ place and a friend took us here. Great beer selection and the meats were tender and smoky. .. just what you want from bbq. I think our bartenders name was Nina.. she was friendly, efficient. Fun experience!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had lunch at the South Tryon location a few weeks ago and I'll definitely go back!

Our service was fast and curtious - food was delivered just as fast and equally delicious! Some of the best brisket I've ever had. We even got a to go plate for my son. He had been there before and told me it was one of his favorite BBQ places.

Please give Mac's Speed Shop a try and don't forget to order the macaroni and cheese!!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Fast service. Good food. There are different types of BBQ sauce you can try. The waitress Kaitlin suggesed Mac n cheese and beans as the best sides. I tried them both and they were great. If you want fast, simple, good food at a reasonable price give it a try!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I got the 4 meat pile up and man was it fantastic. I asked they change up the sauces to the spicy one. It was really tasty and spicy. Got the pulled pork while was super tender, the hog wing which was a great cut of meat, also got at Louis ribs, and beef brisket. Sides of fries and Mac and cheese. My cousin got the wings. I'll say the least favorite thing I had was the local Fries. They weren't anything special but everything else I got sure was. Servers are really punctual and Nice. Aimee was a great one and understood what I was looking for for my first Carolina BBQ experience . Many Memphis and Texas BBQ trips in dare I say Carolina is right up there with them? Would definitely repeat.