“Awful service”

Angry Ales
Ranked #1,193 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Madison Park
New York City, New York
“Awful service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I can't comment on the food because I didn't eat the food they brought me because it wasn't what I ordered. Twenty minutes the food and I sat around waiting for someone to check on us. . . but we were all alone. So sad

“Wings, Wings, Wings”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I only come here for honey hot wings and their garlics fries. Although the waitresses can be a bit rude and lazy, I know my food is gonna be good so I just leave a smaller tip.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Amongst the Better Bar food I have had”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Understand this is Bar Food, once past that appreciate that this is a really cool place with really great food. I had the chance to eat at this place on a Monday night. The restaurant was suprisingly busy (good sign). I was with group. We ordered the Pretzels for an appetizer and they were fine but not great. We were all still hungry so we ordered the Redneck Fondue, what a delicious, decadent, meal of bar awesomness. YOU get a nice size chunk of french fries then another huge chunk of tortilla chips all around a giant bowl of queso cheese that was delicious. Folks I am talking about $4.95 for about $15.00 worth of kick butt appetizer. This stuff was great, tons of calories, tons of cheese and tons of awesome. Following that we had an assortment of cheese burgers, wings, and steak sandwhiches. None of us are small folks and yet all of us had food left over. Throw in a few beers each and what do you have?? A bill for about $65 for 4 folks for appetizers, dinner, and beers. If there is a heaven I hope it has food and cold beer like this. Skip the McDonalds, blow by the Appleebees and head on in to Angry Ale's for dinner folks. The patio on this place was perfect and by perfect I mean, big, shaded, and with TV's and a bar. You need better than that then how about this......they have corn hole you can play right there in the parking lot, seen it with my own eyes. Overall this was the best meal I had in 4 days and the cheapest, not sure why we went anywhere else. I think this place rocks.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joe J
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Better bar than restaurant, but still decent food”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The mac and cheese is phenomenal, let me say that. You get to add your choice of two toppings to the dish at no additional charge, and let me tell you, perfect mac and cheese with jalapenos and bacon is enough for me to go back. Like the title says though, it's a better late night bar than straight-up restaurant. I haven't had a bad thing on the menu, but very little of it actually stands out on its own.

Now for the service staff. The manager, Thomas, is great and keeps things running very smoothly. The bartenders on the other hand leave much to be desired in terms of their attitude and customer service abilities. I haven't had too many issues with the servers (except one who always makes it seem like you are in her way and she doesn't want to be there), the bartenders are all stuck up. It seems like they would be a tad nicer considering their bills are being paid by the generosity of others. Side note: if you ever have a run-in with the owner, you likely won't go back. Brash, dismissive, and pompous are the first three words that come to mind. I still go here since it's close to where I live, but based on my own review, I'm not sure why I keep going back. Actually I do know why, the crowd after 10:30-11pm is always entertaining.

• Visited February 2014
Mount Gilead, North Carolina
“Great Seasoned fries and Super Mac and Cheese”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I took advantage of a Living Social coupon we had for this place. It's a very popular hangout on Montford. There lots of room inside and a huge patio outside. Parking can be sparse, but a short from street side parking is the best option. They have a fair selection of beers and the menu is typical bar food. Huge TVs on the Sunday we visited had college basketball, soccer, bowling and NASCAR racing. We drove by on Friday night and it was swamped with folks who were there for the March Madness event. We wouldn't take our grandchildren here as it's not really a place for kids (IMHO). Nevertheless, we'll go back to try other menu choices just not on a night when the patio is full.

• Visited March 2014