“Everyone LOVES Carvel”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Everyone LOVES Carvel”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This is always good and the owners are excellent here! I love Carvel ice cream and have also ordered several cakes here. Ice cream makes everyone happy and this is the only Carvel around!

Visited November 2011

“Terrible service”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I went in to buy some ice cream for my two year old and me. I had never been to Carvel before, so I asked the man behind the counter which flavor he recommended for my daughter. He acted annoyed with my question. After he flatly answered me, I ordered one scoop of his suggestion for my daughter. While he was putting it in a cup for her, I was looking at the other flavors, trying to choose one for myself. But before I could, he had already rung up my daughter's scoop and was holding his hand out for payment. I was taken aback but handed him a credit card. He swiped it, put it on the counter, and did not say another word to me. No "thank you," no "here's your receipt," etc. I walked out with one scoop of ice cream (instead of the intended two) and a feeling of shock. I won't be back. There are far better ice cream shops in Charlotte, none of which will make you feel like an inconvenience.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Carvel Chocolate soft-serve with that yummy chocolate crunchy stuff they put in their ice cream cakes is heaven on...”
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Carvel Chocolate soft-serve with that yummy chocolate crunchy stuff they put in their ice cream cakes is heaven on earth!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Carvel? Share your experiences!