Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum
Ranked #140 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I were caught in a plane delay and could not get out of Charlotte until the next day. I reserved a room over the phone for a 1King, non smoking room. When we arrived there were 6 people ahead of us (not the problem). During trying to check in multiple people came back to complain about keys not working and air conditioning not working, which is why it took longer than excepted. When we stepped onto the elevator, numbers were missing and the appearance was not very appealing. When we entered our room, the air was working and seemed nice. I went to turn the light on in the bathroom to find the toilet covered in fecal matter or throw up. It would not flush. We got our belongings and went back down to tell them. She told us that was the last non smoking room, we would have to take a smoking room instead. With no where else to go we had to take it. We entered the smoking room and it was musty and seemingly dirty. We were scared to walk on the floor with our bare feet and did not even take a shower because of how filthy it was. The only reason we stayed was because every hotel we called was already booked.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry your overall stay did not live up to your expectations. I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during the check-in process. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if I may be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have stayed at the hotel for a week and i really enjoyed my stay as i have an excellent rate and the hotel staff is exerting utmost effort to enhance my stay.

The hotel is very calm and near Charlotte Douglas international airport.

Mohamed Faragallah.

Room Tip: All rooms have a very good view.
1  Thank msa1970
Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for providing such positive feedback about your stay. It's always a pleasure to read when customer service expectations get exceeded. Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn Charlotte Airport and I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Since me and my husband been coming to the baymont Ms.Reba has been pleasant and very sweet. She makes sure that u are OK, she ask me every time I go in and out my room, is every thing OK! She's always smiling,.I'm thankful for meeting Ms. Reba. From Tamika. Misenheimer see u soon

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Tamikamisenheimer

Thank you for your recent stay at the Baymont Charlotte Airport! We were glad to hear our staff was friendly and that you had a great stay. We hope you see you again in the future!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I would hope that this was atypical. But I was unable to make a reservation although I called the hotel 3 times on the evening before my stay. I went online but a booking service interrupted and charged me a higher rate than teh one that was already arranged, so I had to spend xtra time upon arrival clearing that up. The worst thing was that the plumbing in the room we were in was in disrepair: water stood in the tub and no flushing of the toilet. Manager could not solve problem. We were not offered any compensation upon departure. I stayed ONLY because of the wedding that was nearby and this hotel was prearranged.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for your review regarding your experience with Baymont Charlotte Airport. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your comments will be looked into. If there is anything that we can help with, then please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Reviewed 17 June 2013