“Nightmare in Baymont Inn”

Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum
Ranked #139 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nightmare in Baymont Inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We stay at this place because someone from Travelliance Hotel Booking recommend it to us, being the best one around.
The first room that we went in was suppose to be a non-smoking room and one of the bed sheet had a cigarette hole burnt. The sheets looked like it was left from the previous stayed. The smell of smoke was unbearable, the carpet had stains, the airconditioning was horrible, one of those from the 60's by the window and it took forever to cool down. Went back and asked to be switch to another room. The clerk was very accommodating and gave us another room which it was a bit better by not much. The bathroom towels had a dirt stain, which it didn't look like they were disinfected when washed. The only good thing the have is the free shuttle to the airport. Free breakfast offered, we got sick after eating a bagel with cream cheese and orange juice. I have never stayed in a place half as bad as this one. In this case we didn't have another choice since everything was booked around the Charlotte airport. This will be the first and last time that we will stay in this hotel. Next time I rather sleep in the airport. No thanks to Travelliance Hotel Booking, don't trust this people when they tell you that is the best place to stay in.

• Stayed October 2013
Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport, but we regret that it was not a pleasant stay. I’m sorry for the inconvenience for all the problems you mentioned. This is unfortunate as your comfort and satisfaction is what we strive for. We are aware that there is room for improvement, but happy to say we are in the process of doing so to achieve our goal. Again, thanks for your feedback and making us aware about your concerns.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Shallotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We checked in around 430am it took about 25 mins to get us in a room. The hallways was dirty my room smelled funny. The table was falling apart & In our bathroom the toilet was running over, the coffe maker was dirty I had to wipe it out before I made a cup of coffe. Saturday we left out to get something to eat. Stopped to the desk and asked for towels. She says she would tell housekeeping to drop off some and touch up our room while we was gone. When we returned the room was the same & No clean towels. I had to call the front desk and ask for towels AGAIN & I also had to walk and get them smh.. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for sharing about the issue that occurred with your stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport. It is important to me that our guest is satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I'm extremely sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I would like to speak you regarding your experience, as I would like to assist you with the inconvenience that you have mentioned. I can be reached at 704-394-3381 or you can email me at baymontclt@yahoo.com. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.
Waynesville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was delighted to find a hotel near the Charlotte, NC, airport where I could park my car for 2 weeks while I was traveling to visit family in CA. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the my bank account and $500 had been debited from my account to Baymont Inn and Suites without informing me that it would be done. But the main problem was that the front desk employer had no knowledge of this happening or why. If a hotel is taking that much out if the customer uses a debit card, someone in the company should have knowledge of that action. I even called their national customer service number and even that person had no knowledge as to why it occurred. Inform you employees if it is your policy to do so.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm extremely sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced with credit card charges. As you said you used a debit card, in this case, the hotel only authorizes the amount you are supposed to pay, we don’t hold any extra amount. However, if you are using a gift card, it is different from the debit or credit card, it automatically hold extra amount which eventually get credited back you account. If there is anything we can help you with, you can contact the hotel directly at 704-394-3381, or email at baymontclt@yahoo.com, so we can look into your account to see what exactly is going on with the charges.
Kalispell, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

If I could give this hotel a lower rating I would. I was held up at the airport due to a mechanical issue with my aircraft so US Air put me up in this hotel. I am not sure why they would send their customers to this hotel but that's for another review. This hotel smelled of smoke and was ran down to the point that it really needs a complete renovation. If I was with my family we would have left and found another hotel but I decided to suffer through it as I only had four hours to get some sleep. While waiting in line for my room three different people came down to complain that they were put in rooms that were already occupied. There was a child of one of the employees playing a violent video game in the main lobby on the TV hung on the wall for all the customers to see. Not what I would have wanted my children to see if I had my kids with me. There was absolutely nothing professional about the accommodations or employees at this hotel. I have so much to complain about that I didn't even bother as I figured what't the point. Do as I did and vow to never go to this hotel. You will be happy you avoided it!!!

Room Tip: Best tip is to get a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelBrainstorm
Amar P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Charlotte-Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very concerned when I read your review, as it certainly is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I would like to apologize for all the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me, so I can be of further assistance to you. It is important for us to make sure all our guest leave satisfied. You can contact the hotel directly at 704-394-3381 and ask for a manager, or email at baymontclt@yahoo.com. Again, we do apologize and thank you for making us aware of this your experience.