“a value hotel - I'd use it again”
Review of Continental Inn

Continental Inn
Ranked #110 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“a value hotel - I'd use it again”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Two big beds, an efficient a/c unit, sood size-television, refrigerator, microwave, clean towels, clean bathroom, and breakfast... what more could you ask for?
Complaints about noisey cars and other guests at 5am... that is because they are rude. No hotel can muffle noise from some moron walking outside your door talking loudly or slamming car doors, put responsibility where it belongs.
Lastly, the breakfast area is clean, there is cereal, milk, some fruit, hard boiled eggs, a waffle maker (if you want the carbs), juice, and pastries. Convenient and included.
Didn't have to ask the staff for anything, but the desk clerk was courtious, had my reservation, and gave me my room key quickly. Couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: quietest room would be 2nd floor, furthest from the street
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and there is never a disappointment. The rooms are clean,this hotel is really lovely and well maintained. Customer service was superb very welcoming.
If you are in Charlotte, this is the place to stay and the rates are good as well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I visited the Continental inn last week,I enjoyed my time there,the front desk staff was great,he helped me with all my questions and concerns,I really enjoyed my stay and plan to return in the future. Every hotel doesnt offer great customer service and and nice place to stay . I think the best customer service I have ever received . These make you feel very welcome, & bend over backwards to insure that all of your needs are met. Very warm & friendly people.
Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I would prefer room on the ground floor
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The first red flag was at check-in; at 10pm I had to check in using a secured glass enclosure. As we walked into the double room, the door hit against one of the beds, and our non-smoking room smelled of heavy smoke. The doors are on the outside of the building and I could hear people walking along the balcony upstairs, and of course people were yelling down to the parking lot. Room and building are old and outdated and although looked clean, we did not feel it was clean at all and none of us slept well. Never again would I consider this hotel.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank owgimela
Continental I, Manager at Continental Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I am surprised with the review as everyone is so much praising about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel in its proximity. I hope this does not happen to you next time when you visit the place. On behalf of management i make sure you will love the place next time.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (704) 597-8100.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Totally amazed by the cleanliness of this place! its so awesome for the money yo pay! i mean anyone can get an awesome room by paying lots of money but this place you can actually stay for less while keeping standards!
definitely wanna go back again! ask for the rooms on the top most floor as they are less used and newer!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (704) 597-8100.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Last year, we chose the cheapest hotel we could find (around 40 dollars) and it left something to be desired. This year, I considered higher star hotels in the $120 range, but based on the reviews here, decided that the Continental Inn would be a good compromise. I was disappointed, as all three people in my group both agreed that the cheaper hotel from last year was even better!
First, the staff was fine - friendly and helpful, but not enough to make this place "worth it". As for the room: When you open the door, it actually hits one of the beds and can't fully open because of the tight space. That bed also is within one foot of the air conditioner, making it difficult to sleep in because the air is SO CLOSE to your face. (I slept on the far side of that bed, but the closer side wasn't acceptable). The room was clean enough, one hair in bathroom, but no biggie. They gave us plenty of towels and pillows The beds were well made. However, at first, I didn't even think they had mattress covers, because I could feel the seams/grooves in the mattress. But after I got in bed, I realized they had the cheapest possible ill-fitting mattress covers, and all three of use complained about them sliding around and bunching up under the sheets. Also, the hotel rooms are outside entrances only, meaning every single car that drives into the lot makes noise and keeps you from sleeping. The walls are so thin that fellow guests rolling their luggage woke me up. I generally sleep quite well, no matter where, but between the bunched up bed, air conditioning, and noise, I couldn't sleep much at all. :( Lastly, another reviewer recommended the breakfast, and the hotel website mentioned the hot breakfast including waffles and eggs. This was one of my deal-makers. However, the breakfast consisted of two cereals, a few packaged baked goods, a waffle maker, some hardboiled eggs and some old bananas. They had terrible apple juice and Sunny D orange juice. They needed to refill the butter and silverware (had to eat my waffle with a spoon rather than a fork). Now, don't get me wrong -- I expect this breakfast at your typical cheaper hotel, but I had higher expectations here.
All in all, this hotel was not worth the money. I woulld have been satisfied with it had it been the typical $40-50 cheapy hotel -- for which I have lower expectations. However, for that extra 25 bucks, I expected better. I would not stay again, even if the price was right. I don't often do reviews, and I again want to say that I have no complaints about the staff... but the hotel itself was outdated, too small, and needed small upgrades to make it even acceptable. I have reasonable expectations, but this just is not the place for me.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank justanote85
Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Our family stayed here while visiting my uncle. The rooms were clean. The location was great. We had a a flat tire one morning and the staff was more than helpful with finding us someone to help.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MicInLasVegas
Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at our property. We are happy that you liked the place.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.