“Excellent value for money”
Review of Continental Inn

Continental Inn
Ranked #113 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have been travelling to Charlotte quite often in recent times. I have stayed in many places but Continental Inn has been the place of my choice for quite a while now. The location is convenient, rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Most of their rooms have microwave, refrigerator and cable TV. Also their rates are fairly reasonable and offer great value for money. They have free wi-fi and a hot breakfast which also adds value to your stay here. For the price they charge everything they offer is totally worth it.
Frankly, I was surprised by the cleanliness in their rooms. Not only the rooms, but the entire property is extremely clean and well maintained. There are also many places around where you can eat late. Since its on the exit, and also fairly close to the Charlotte Uptown its convenient for almost all kinds of people. I wouldnt recommend any place else if you are in Charlotte and looking for a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Continental Inn

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Well I am from Charlotte but spent a year visiting my father in Fayetteville. For some reason he insisted we stay in a hotel for a visit back. Little did I know he'd intended to stay on a pretty bad side of town. There were prostitutes everywhere, I know for a fact. Someone would pull up, honk a few times, and some skimpy-dressed women would come out. There was a woman crying and talking loudly outside my room late at night. I called a friend and stayed with her instead. The staff is great. Location, no.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandye A
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Two big beds, an efficient a/c unit, sood size-television, refrigerator, microwave, clean towels, clean bathroom, and breakfast... what more could you ask for?
Complaints about noisey cars and other guests at 5am... that is because they are rude. No hotel can muffle noise from some moron walking outside your door talking loudly or slamming car doors, put responsibility where it belongs.
Lastly, the breakfast area is clean, there is cereal, milk, some fruit, hard boiled eggs, a waffle maker (if you want the carbs), juice, and pastries. Convenient and included.
Didn't have to ask the staff for anything, but the desk clerk was courtious, had my reservation, and gave me my room key quickly. Couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: quietest room would be 2nd floor, furthest from the street
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and there is never a disappointment. The rooms are clean,this hotel is really lovely and well maintained. Customer service was superb very welcoming.
If you are in Charlotte, this is the place to stay and the rates are good as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I visited the Continental inn last week,I enjoyed my time there,the front desk staff was great,he helped me with all my questions and concerns,I really enjoyed my stay and plan to return in the future. Every hotel doesnt offer great customer service and and nice place to stay . I think the best customer service I have ever received . These make you feel very welcome, & bend over backwards to insure that all of your needs are met. Very warm & friendly people.
Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I would prefer room on the ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The first red flag was at check-in; at 10pm I had to check in using a secured glass enclosure. As we walked into the double room, the door hit against one of the beds, and our non-smoking room smelled of heavy smoke. The doors are on the outside of the building and I could hear people walking along the balcony upstairs, and of course people were yelling down to the parking lot. Room and building are old and outdated and although looked clean, we did not feel it was clean at all and none of us slept well. Never again would I consider this hotel.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank owgimela
Continental I, Manager at Continental Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. I am surprised with the review as everyone is so much praising about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel in its proximity. I hope this does not happen to you next time when you visit the place. On behalf of management i make sure you will love the place next time.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (704) 597-8100.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Totally amazed by the cleanliness of this place! its so awesome for the money yo pay! i mean anyone can get an awesome room by paying lots of money but this place you can actually stay for less while keeping standards!
definitely wanna go back again! ask for the rooms on the top most floor as they are less used and newer!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (704) 597-8100.