“Smooth Sailing!”

Ranked #41 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Conyers
“Smooth Sailing!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Marie Gail and Tim offered their assistance with smiles and patience. Great stay! They all offered supreme customer service. I had problems with the room type . It was a large conference in the city so rooms were not available. However, when I arrived they were able to give our group the rooms we needed. What a relief!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Firstvicky7
Courtyard_Arrowood, Events Specialist at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Firstvicky7,

Thank you for the review of our staff and the 5 star rating for our property!! We greatly appreciate it and hope to see you again when you're in the area.

Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
oxford, georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I really want to share the great customer service from Tim at the front desk. If you plan to visit this hotel ask for Tim. I was there on my church convention with my children and he made sure we were comfortable. The staff was great, but Tim went above and beyond the call!

• Stayed July 2014
Courtyard_Arrowood, Events Specialist at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Mickeyse,

Thank you for your fabulous review of Tim - he is great with our guests and we do appreciate all that he does for the hotel! We hope to see you all again if you're ever traveling to the area from Georgia.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was quiet and the staff was accommodating. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean. The pool looked great but we didn't have time to enjoy it ourselves. We did have difficulty sleeping because my husband prefers the room to be cold but he couldn't get the temperature cool enough even though he put the air on full blast. We thought the décor was nice but weren't impressed with the Bistro. We skipped paying for a breakfast there because the food was overpriced and went to an IHOP close by instead. Would definitely recommend for a nice stay and the room rate was very reasonable!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissusWright
Dear MissusWright,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we greatly appreciate it! We apologize that you all had difficulty sleeping due to the air conditioner not getting cold enough. If you are in the area again we hope you will give us another chance. If you have any issues on your next visit please let our front desk team know and we will have someone come up and fix it for you.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed for a couple of nights at the end of June for a business trip.

I must say that the service here exceeded excellent. I got in early in the day and the gentleman (Unfortunately I do not remember his name) worked to find me a room so that I could get some rest before returning to work. While I waited I ended up at the cafe area where I was waited on instantly and served quickly. The waiting area was fantastic with plenty of outlets as well as TVs in the booth areas. The food was reheated fare (as usual) but the fruit was unusually delicious.

The room was clean and offered all that I needed. Again plenty of outlets as well as an extremely comfortable bed and pillow set. The pillows were nice and firm and offered good support. Usually they are far too soft for my taste.

I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheMarciC
Dear TheMarciC,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property - the Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood! We are glad you were able to enjoy different areas of the hotel. We look forward to your return the next time you are in the Charlotte area.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel, but it's unnerving that they need to keep a cop in the lobby every night. He paces the halls from time to time like he is looking for something/someone. That says "we may have trouble and probably already have in the past" to me. Not sure about the history, but that's not normal in my 95% a year travel experience over the past decade.

The staff is very nice. Bistro closes at 10 even on wknds which is a bit disappointing since there really isn't anything other than fast food in the immediate area for food or drink. For the amount of hotels on this block, you would think some restaurants might move in, but maybe I'm missing something (like I said, they do need a cop at night...). The daily rates swing wildly up and down throughout the week, so watch out if you need to extend your stay.

The rooms and lobby seem to have been renovated in the last couple of years. The AC units seem old and are working too hard (make a lot of noise every now and then). The thermostats have motion sensors, so you will wake up sweating at night after it auto-shuts off from no movement. Good mattresses and pillows. The showers seem to to be built for people under the height of 5'8" though. I am 6'3" and showering is uncomfortable here. Also the TVs in the rooms are at a very awkward position to watch while in bed. Rather than being at or near the foot of the beds, they are off to the side near the head boards, making it very uncomfortable for one let alone two people to watch while laying down.

On a final note, the parking lot has a lot of tree types that leave foliage, sap, and other debris all over your vehicle on a daily sometimes hourly basis. It's hard to avoid and is so thick, that it requires daily attention/cleaning to your car.

Good hotel overall, but still needs improvements.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Roadyeti
Lindsay N, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi Roadyeti,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel team, comfortable beds, and service. We pride ourselves on customer service and I am glad you felt at home at the Arrowood Courtyard.

I did want to address your concerns with our off duty security. I apologize and do understand it can be alarming to see security at the hotel. We have chosen to use off-duty police officers as our overnight security rather than our own personnal LP officer onsite every night. They are there to help with anything that may come up- most frequently being noise compliants from some harmless kids on a team outing or just having a presence in the parking lot as a deterrent. We hope having the additional staffing onsite better prepares us for emergencies that could come up and it is standard to have an LP agent or off duty security on site for most Marriott properties.

I would also like to thank you for passing on the issues you had with your AC. This is not typical and I will be passing this on to our engineering team to look into.

Hope to see you back on your next trip to Charlotte. Do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all.

Lindsay Nelson
704-527-5055/601
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Late ck in and the room was waiting. The hotel was sold out, but I had a reservation. Efficient and friendly ck in. There's a laundry room available, late ck out was available, quiet surroundings and on the floor, printer in the lobby was efficient for printing from my PIN, internet was easy to access and working!, along with a friendly ck out. What more do you need from an overnight stay?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Courtyard_Arrowood, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Charlotte Arrowood, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Steve G,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We enjoyed having you just as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate our guests and it is great to know our guests are appreciative of us and our property. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Charlotte.

Woodstock, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed one night in Charlotte at the Courtyard Arrowhead. Very nice area to stay in, close to good restaurants, and great people at the desk. Tien (spelling?) was helpful, knowledgeable of the area, and gave some great restaurant ideas. The hotel was quite, the pool area was nice. I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cjporsch,

Thank you for your review of our property and recognizing our front desk associate, Tien, for her willingness to assist you! We are happy you chose to stay with us and appreciate your great review. We look forward to seeing you again when you're in the area!