“Not a good value”

Ranked #44 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not a good value”
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Not an inexpensive hotel but is not equal to the service provided at nearby same-price hotels. The costly breakfast buffet is lopusy; some colleagues stayed across the street at a Holiday Inn and their breakfast, included, was better than the food served here.
There are no restuarants within walking distance. So if you are dining out for all meals and brining in any snacks such as fresh fruit, this won't bother you. The hotel keys say "Feel free to wander" but the second shift deskclerks are unfriendly about guests enjoying the lobby6...Most Courtyards make the guest very welcome to all the shared/common spaces; I'm not staying here again for this price I will stay at luxury style suite nearby. There are only 3 redeeming factors to this hotel 1- indoor spa; 2-large attractive courtyard garden;3-fresh indoor air. Its due for an interior overhaul too- not ragged yet but well-worn.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Very nice hotel. Everything was polished and meticulously clean. Room was spacious, very comfortable beds, good shower, spotless. Staff friendly, organized and knowledgeable of the area. Convenient location. Very good experience will be very happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2010

The ONLY hotel I ever stayed at which charged for a buffet no better than any free one in the country. For 23.90 for 2, I could have fed a family of five at Denny's. They have a sign about "weekend" buffet for 10.95, but your usual presumption is that "weekend" is Sat and Sun.
No vending machines, just a "Market" where a 20 0z Pepsi or bottle of water is 2.50

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2010

the room is your average hotel room so I can only rate it average. I do however have some issues:
1. the web site says it is a $20.00 taxi ride from the airport but mine cost $37.00 - if it was just $5 difference i wouldn't say anything but almost $20 more is to big not to mention
2. the room was very hot and stuffy. the air was completely off - i know it is to save money but when you are checking in on a hot June night this is not a very welcoming.
3. the facility is supposedly smoke free but to get into the lobby you have to walk through a cloud of smoke which is extremely frustrating.
4. again - smoke free? not so sure - the second floor smelled not of cigarette smoke but of marijuana.
5. no wirelss in the rooms and the internet took several minutes to finally come up once I plugged in and didn't work on the first try either - the third time was the charm and I am an IT person so I know what I am doing.
6. you have to sign up daily for the internet instead of being able to sign up for the duration of the stay - minor but for those that use it alot could be annoying.

so I said overall I will recomment this hotel because it is not bad enough to tell someone not to stay at all but I have definately stayed in better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I stay at alot of Marriott brands but this was my first Courtyard stay so I can't compare it to other Courtyards. I stayed here because it is a Marriott brand and the price was good. It was race weekend (wasn't there for the race) and alot of places were higher. The hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff was courteous and the maid service was prompt. The internet was faster than most Marriott’s I have used. My room was located close to and outside exit which was handy for loading and unloading. I didn't use the pool but it looked very nice and I also had a small patio outside of my sliding glass door. I didn't use the breakfast because I was in a hurry both mornings and just went through a local drive through, I do agree with one poster that $12 seems high for breakfast when I could go somewhere else cheaper. I also agree with one poster that seeing a sign "Did you remember to lock your doors, windows, and remove all of your valuables from your vehicle" doesn't make you feel good, but I have noticed those signs at alot of places in Charlotte, so I don't know that the sign means it is an unsafe area.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and would return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank dolphinfan200013
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed 7 April 2010

This is a fine place to stay, but there is nothing special about it. Everything is just OK. The room is clean, but lacks a refrigerator. Internet access requires a plug-in - wireless is not available. The connection is a little slow, but not terribly so. The breakfast food is fine, but it is included in my rate. I wouldn't pay for it otherwise. The staff is friendly enough.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
NC
Reviewed 3 April 2010

No problems with this place at all, especially considering the great price that we got! The only issue I had was with their phone service when I called them from home before arriving. There was a bad phone connection everytime I called. The beds here were VERY soft and they have 4 pillows per bed, but they are half size pillows. We didn't use the internet while we were there, so I don't know about that. My husband left something in the room, and rememered after we checked out. The staff was very helpful at helping him retrieve the book he left in the room.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family