“Clean”

Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark
Ranked #71 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Welcome reception was very friendly. Rooms were clean. Overall it is exactly what you would expect from a Marriott Courtyard. Also, the weekend rate was very reasonable. A good value for sure. My kids even ate dinner at the hotel and loved the food - fresh and healthy and tasty.

Stayed: February 2014
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear FunTravelingAround,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Charlotte! Having clean rooms and a great staff are our top priorities and I am glad that you received both of those. DInner in The Bistro is wonderful and I am glad that you had a chance to dine with us during your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in Charlotte!

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel has sentimental value to me as it was where my family spent our first night in Charlotte as we awaited the moving van to arrive the following day when we moved to the Queen City. Having moved away from Charlotte 12 years ago, we always try to stay in Southpark area whenever we return. However, the hotel was getting tired and needed to be refreshed. They did an excellent job of updating rooms, workout facilities, & transforming the restaurant to a comfortable, inviting and hip bistro that is far more relevant than the overpriced hotel restaurants of old. Southpark is a great part of Charlotte with outstanding shopping, restaurants, the Harris YMCA, and has more of a slower pace and community feel than locations Uptown or at the airport. Nice improvements, Marriott!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Gary F
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

GaryF28226,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you like the recent updates to our hotel. Our guest rooms were just renovated a year ago! I am delighted that our hotel means so much to you and your family! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Charlotte!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had stayed here in the past and were not happy with the rooms. It has since been remodeled and was much nicer. The rooms were clean. The mattress was a bit soft for us. My only complaint is when they remodel these hotel rooms, I wish they would install a higher profile toilet. The toilets are too low for anyone with back or knee problems.
The staff was very nice and friendly. Hotel is in a great location, very close to great shopping and restaurants. We would stay here again.
We did think the price was a bit high considering it is a Courtyard.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

ellajwade,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms were recently rennovated and I am glad to hear that you like the changes. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Charlotte!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The room was clean and well maintained. The location of this hotel is very close to a ton of stores, restaurants, and the mall. The downstairs lobby has been modernized and the front desk staff were helpful. Overall, we would definitely stay there again! Great value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

jwalkerr,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. We are located in a great area of Charlotte with SouthPark mall and many great restaurants nearby. I am glad you got a chacne to enjoy some of those restaurants. We will be looking forward to you next stay with us!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I spent 1 night at this hotel while in town visiting. I was very pleased with every aspect. The lobby and bistro look like they were just updated. The location was great in South Park Charlotte, very close to a number of nice restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Front desk staff was very very unclear as to which door I should enter to go to my room. Entered door she described. Wrong! After I carried all my belongings in. Went to front desk. She was very condescending about what her instructions were. Go to the next doors can't get in. Call toll free line get cut off call again they only take reservations can't help. Marriott customers service has just gone down hill and There occupancy seems to be off...that must be why!

• Stayed: December 2013
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

tangotraveler5,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I apologize about the misunderstanding regarding which door is best to enter into the hotel I will work with our front desk staff to ensure that we are giving proper director to our guests as to where to park and enter the hotel that is most convenient and how we interact with our guests. I will also follow up with the toll free line to get them to transfer guests to the hotel so that we can assist you on property since they are unable to help with the situation. Again, I apologize that your experience here did not meet your expectations and hope that you will give us another try next time you are in Charlotte.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

When i first arrived around 4pm I was told that my room wasn't ready it would be ready in 15mins. Now, when I booked I booked the suite. So in 15mins I walk up to the room to see that the room hasn't been started on yet. The maid tells me going to be 15-20mins. I walk back downstairs to let the front desk know, and they acted as if,''Oh well". They had a very stern look on their face as if they weren't going to comp. anything not even extend my checkout time because of this. So, after the attitude i got from the front desk i go back upstairs to see that the room was just attended to. So from the time i walked in the hotel to the time i was able to get in my room, 45mins of my time was wasted. I didn't like that fact at all. The hotel emails me ask me about my stay and I told them the same thing, only to get no reply back as if they could care less. So, this will be the last time i stay here. It's a shame because this is one of the better hotels I have stayed at. Bed was great had a balcony in my room, but oh well. Never again. Just give my money to another hotel chain.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin K, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dante,

I want to apologize for the delay in getting into a clean room on your recent visit as well as the delay in our response to you. This is certainly not normal for our hotel. I will review with the front desk staff to make sure they are treating our guests appropriately and ensuring that rooms are available as needed. I hope that you will give us another chance to meet your expectations on your next visit to Charlotte.