“Great Stay and Good People”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #133 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed here on a business trip and want to say it was great experience. The place was clean and smelled pleasant. The location was centrally located and near interstate 77. It also had a strong internet connection which helped with business. The breakfast was very fulfilling and offered a wide variety of choices. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe M

Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here CIAA Weekend. When you pulled up you might be a lil worried looking on the outside. But it was a good hotel and I booked at the last minute. Check was easy breezy the staff was nice. The cleaning lady was really sweet. Overall I enjoyed my stay and will probably stay there nice year.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 25 November 2010

The customer service at this hotel is absolutely horrible. The location is ok, it is right off the interstate however, it is right behind a ihop and good luck making a left. The rooms at sub par at best. The sheets are well used and the room has an odor. Thank God I did not stay here with my daughter because I would definitely be leaving with her upon walking into the room. The woman at the front desk was miserable and very rude. I asked for a late check out and was told that I NEEDED to check out on time. Today is Thanksgiving and she must not have got the memo. I would not stay at another Howard Johnson if my car was the only other option. Very dissatisfied. Save your money! Go someplace else.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank j_mangan81
ChadLogan, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

As the saying goes, better late than never..
Dear Valued Guest, we appreciate your feedback on the former Howard Johnson and are disappointed to hear of such an unsatisfactory stay. However, we are pleased to announce that the hotel has been purchased by new owners and rebranded to something that we can all be proud of. Our guest service agents are dedicated to providing you with superior service every moment of your stay and we insist you return to experience that. Should you return I would like to personally handle your accommodations and oversee your guaranteed experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

The desk staff was helpful and the only saving grace. We made reservations for a non smoking king size room. We were ginven a room that reeked of stale cigarette smoke. It was made worse by the awful stench of a perfumed based substance used to try and cover the tobacco smoke. The bed sheets appeared clean but the blanket had some "crunchy" areas that forced us to sleep in our clothes ( without touching the blanket). We were afraid to walk barefoot on the floor. I asked the desk clerk for a fresh blanket. There were none in the linen closet. She took one from another room. That leads me to believe that blankets are not changed regularly. We were not comfortable using that blanket either. I love music and sometimes loud music but thevery loud thumping from the "gentlemens club" located in the strip mall next door went on until way past 2 am. When we returned from dinner, we were greeted with the vision of a young strung out hooker enetering a ground floor unit. Nice. There were several unsavory looking characters that used the parking lot of the motel as a place to park for the "gentlemens club". If forced to ever use this facility, i would much rather stay in my car.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unclejohn835
Gene P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

New owners and renovated hotel since May 2015.

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed at this Howard Johnsons from October 21- October 24 2010. The total price for the 4 nights was $267,37, I think the cents is right but Im sure about the 267, I stayed in 2 rooms 202 and 204 I had to switch rooms because of bathroom drainage problems in 202, The front desk was very nice and responded well when I had diffilculty, The rooms were both clean the sheets were clean no bedbugs and no other bugs with the exception of one very small bug on the wall of 202 of umknown type that was present when I first checked in, After this however I saw no more. House cleaning did a nice job and I received clean towels soap and other products on a daily basis. Now here are my constructive I hope suggestions for improvement: in both the bathrooms the wallpaper was peeling and should be replaced cause it doesnt look very nice also the breakfast needs improvement because there is only one kind of cold cereal offered which is sweetened this could be a real problem for a guest with diabetes or someone watching their weight. There is plain oatmeal offered but the second day I was there they ran out of the plain leaving no option for cereal besides the sweet cold kind or the hot sweetened kind or grits which I dont like. Also HJ you might want to consider offering english muffins instead of bagels as these are lower in calories and carbs as an additional help to your guests suffering from blood sugar problems. Now as far as the area goes there is indeed as a reviewer mentioned below a gentlemens club on one side and a mex restaurant on the other. I was also a woman travelling alone but I did not feel threatened at any time. Actually I walked over a couple of nights for dinner and if you sit at a table and not the bar its like a regular restaurant and very conveinent. Surprisingly the shrimp salad they offer is very good and one of the better things I ate on this trip the shrimp are steamed not dredged in butter and not soaked in dressing and it actually has green peppers fresh great if you are on a diet. If however you dont feel comfortable you could just call ahead and get it to go. If you want different just turn right out of parking lot go down to south Blvd and you will find any rest you can imagine. Oh by the way the rooms I stayed in had microwaves but no fridge although I understand they have rooms with both so ask when you register. Well hope this helps.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed her from Monday June 22nd to Thursday June 24th. We checked in and found the room to be clean and neat. The front desk person was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed the clean swimming pool and breakfast each morning was good. It's not a all out meal but good none the less. We kept messing up our keys with cell phones, we didn't know that we needed to our keys away from the cell phones. Now we know,but the man at the front desk was glad to keep fixing our keys. LOL The only issue we had was the air conditioner compressor kept cutting off and on. We figured out how to fix that as well. We come up here once a year. So we will be back next summer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I stayed here last weekend May 22nd, 2009 for the NASCAR races. First off, it was pretty easy to find, but as soon as you get closer, you get a gist of the area. There is a "Gentlemans Club" next door, which is not my cup of tea. Walking up to the hotel door, for the first time, a "flying roach" which was the size of a small cell phone jumped on my foot and I thought, I hope the worst isn't yet to come! The ladies at the front desk were friendly. The total (including tax) was given to me on their website when I made the reservation but was told something else in person. First I was told $60 more, and when I told the ladies that was a mistake, they refigured again and again and finally dropped it down to only $10 more than what the website quoted me. I was too tired to fight the $10 descripicy, so I dealt with it. We took the elevator up a level to go to our room and OH MY GOD, the elevator door opened and there was a smell that hit us in the face! A mix of urine and beer, unimaginable. We quickly walked out and found fresh air and then found our room. The smell, a little less IN YOUR FACE, was in our room. I was tired so I just laid down. The room was pretty clean. It is just a standard hotel room, no frills. WORD TO THE WISE: the website offers free internet - it didn't work and they couldn't explain why. Also, on the website it says fridges and microwaves in the room, but less than half of the rooms have them. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR ONE WHEN YOU MAKE A RESERVATION! If it is NOT in your reservation note, you don't get one. And, the TVs are only set to go 1/2 up on volume control. The TV barely gets loud enough to hear in the bed furthest from it. Make sense? Anyways, we were told about the mexican rest next door upon check in so we went later that night to check it out. We pulled up and heard very loud music coming from inside and walked back to the car immediatley after a group of guys started walking straight towards us. Apparently, after dark, this restaurant turns into a nightclub. They had security lined up outside even, too much for us to deal with. We went next door to IHOP and also found that they had two security officers on duty patrolling the place. We went back to the hotel and found that the hotel parking lot is also used by all the shady places nearby. The mexican restaurant/nightclub patrons park in our lot and walk over. Each night was a different group of people that would hang around the parking lot. Now I know why the front door to the hotel lobby is locked. This is a total unsafe area. The hotel structure needs updating. The grey stucco is peeling and not visually appealing. I do understand that this review is negative, but please rest assured that I do not have high standards. I was fine with the room, it was the smell and the general area that was the main concerns. I will not stay at this location again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
hojo6060, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2009

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addittion, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. We would like to compensate you for your experience. Whenever you have a chance, please get in touch with us. Ask for the GM. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.