Quality Inn
  • Room Service
US$176
US$155
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$187
US$154
US$288
US$262
Westin.com
US$137
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed at this Howard Johnsons from October 21- October 24 2010. The total price for the 4 nights was $267,37, I think the cents is right but Im sure about the 267, I stayed in 2 rooms 202 and 204 I had to switch rooms because of bathroom drainage problems in 202, The front desk was very nice and responded well when I had diffilculty, The rooms were both clean the sheets were clean no bedbugs and no other bugs with the exception of one very small bug on the wall of 202 of umknown type that was present when I first checked in, After this however I saw no more. House cleaning did a nice job and I received clean towels soap and other products on a daily basis. Now here are my constructive I hope suggestions for improvement: in both the bathrooms the wallpaper was peeling and should be replaced cause it doesnt look very nice also the breakfast needs improvement because there is only one kind of cold cereal offered which is sweetened this could be a real problem for a guest with diabetes or someone watching their weight. There is plain oatmeal offered but the second day I was there they ran out of the plain leaving no option for cereal besides the sweet cold kind or the hot sweetened kind or grits which I dont like. Also HJ you might want to consider offering english muffins instead of bagels as these are lower in calories and carbs as an additional help to your guests suffering from blood sugar problems. Now as far as the area goes there is indeed as a reviewer mentioned below a gentlemens club on one side and a mex restaurant on the other. I was also a woman travelling alone but I did not feel threatened at any time. Actually I walked over a couple of nights for dinner and if you sit at a table and not the bar its like a regular restaurant and very conveinent. Surprisingly the shrimp salad they offer is very good and one of the better things I ate on this trip the shrimp are steamed not dredged in butter and not soaked in dressing and it actually has green peppers fresh great if you are on a diet. If however you dont feel comfortable you could just call ahead and get it to go. If you want different just turn right out of parking lot go down to south Blvd and you will find any rest you can imagine. Oh by the way the rooms I stayed in had microwaves but no fridge although I understand they have rooms with both so ask when you register. Well hope this helps.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed her from Monday June 22nd to Thursday June 24th. We checked in and found the room to be clean and neat. The front desk person was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed the clean swimming pool and breakfast each morning was good. It's not a all out meal but good none the less. We kept messing up our keys with cell phones, we didn't know that we needed to our keys away from the cell phones. Now we know,but the man at the front desk was glad to keep fixing our keys. LOL The only issue we had was the air conditioner compressor kept cutting off and on. We figured out how to fix that as well. We come up here once a year. So we will be back next summer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I stayed here last weekend May 22nd, 2009 for the NASCAR races. First off, it was pretty easy to find, but as soon as you get closer, you get a gist of the area. There is a "Gentlemans Club" next door, which is not my cup of tea. Walking up to the hotel door, for the first time, a "flying roach" which was the size of a small cell phone jumped on my foot and I thought, I hope the worst isn't yet to come! The ladies at the front desk were friendly. The total (including tax) was given to me on their website when I made the reservation but was told something else in person. First I was told $60 more, and when I told the ladies that was a mistake, they refigured again and again and finally dropped it down to only $10 more than what the website quoted me. I was too tired to fight the $10 descripicy, so I dealt with it. We took the elevator up a level to go to our room and OH MY GOD, the elevator door opened and there was a smell that hit us in the face! A mix of urine and beer, unimaginable. We quickly walked out and found fresh air and then found our room. The smell, a little less IN YOUR FACE, was in our room. I was tired so I just laid down. The room was pretty clean. It is just a standard hotel room, no frills. WORD TO THE WISE: the website offers free internet - it didn't work and they couldn't explain why. Also, on the website it says fridges and microwaves in the room, but less than half of the rooms have them. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR ONE WHEN YOU MAKE A RESERVATION! If it is NOT in your reservation note, you don't get one. And, the TVs are only set to go 1/2 up on volume control. The TV barely gets loud enough to hear in the bed furthest from it. Make sense? Anyways, we were told about the mexican rest next door upon check in so we went later that night to check it out. We pulled up and heard very loud music coming from inside and walked back to the car immediatley after a group of guys started walking straight towards us. Apparently, after dark, this restaurant turns into a nightclub. They had security lined up outside even, too much for us to deal with. We went next door to IHOP and also found that they had two security officers on duty patrolling the place. We went back to the hotel and found that the hotel parking lot is also used by all the shady places nearby. The mexican restaurant/nightclub patrons park in our lot and walk over. Each night was a different group of people that would hang around the parking lot. Now I know why the front door to the hotel lobby is locked. This is a total unsafe area. The hotel structure needs updating. The grey stucco is peeling and not visually appealing. I do understand that this review is negative, but please rest assured that I do not have high standards. I was fine with the room, it was the smell and the general area that was the main concerns. I will not stay at this location again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
hojo6060, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2009

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addittion, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. We would like to compensate you for your experience. Whenever you have a chance, please get in touch with us. Ask for the GM. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed 31 December 2007

This property is rated 1 or 2 stars depending on which site you use. I noticed when researching this property there weren't too many recent reviews and that is probably because this hotel is primarily used by travellers for flight departures and layovers since it is only 5 minutes form airport (no airplane noise) and that is exactly what we used it for. I booked this hotel using my trip rewards in order to be close for our early flight out the next day. My husband, two sons and I were very happy with our overnight accomodations. The room we stayed in was clean and was just like the pictures represented by their hotel pictures. Even though the rooms have exterior facing doors(motel) we felt safe on the 2nd floor, because you can't enter the 2nd floor up the outside steps w/o a room key, nor can you enter from the steps inside the lobby after 11pm, because the doors are kept locked. The hotel has a pool which we did not use and offers a continental breakfast as early as 6am consisting of bagels, cereal, milk, juice, coffee/hot cocoa and apples. If that doesn't appeal to you there is an IHOP and Krispy Kreme next door. I spoke to two staff members regarding our reservation and both were nice and professional. For an overnight stay at a reasonable price, I believe most would be pleased w/ these accomodations.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 3 March 2007

We needed a cheap overnight stay in Charlotte after coming in from a late flight and with the CIAA tournament in town, hotels were scarce and rates were high. I ended up with the HOJO after spending $49 on a 2 star hotel on Hotwire. I didn't expect much and I got what I expected. Basically, it was a place to lay our head before driving home the next day. The property is old and dingy and is located next to a gentleman's club. There is a lot of noise surrounding the hotel and we saw people roaming the street beside it. We didn't even take a shower because the bathroom looked dirty. I've gotten better deals at other properties in Charlotte. This one would not be my first choice, but since I used Hotwire, I had to take what they gave me.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gene P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

New owners and renovated hotel since May 2015.