“Recent stay”

Super 8 Charlotte Downtown Area
Ranked #115 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Although there was a slight delay in my checking in....the staff made it very easy to email over an authorization form for my mom in Texas who was paying for my room with her credit card. It was very simple and quick and my transaction was complete in a timely manner. Thank you! The only comment I would make is when booking online, the payment should be authorized then as well. With her being in Texas and me in North Carolina I do have the actual card to be used.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The wife and I were in town for a concert and needed a cheap place to flop for the night. But theres obviously a line to be drawn between a cheap dump and a good deal. Happily for us this Super 8 falls in the latter category. The only beef we had with our room was that the bathroom door was kind of a pain to close. But otherwise; comfy bed with clean sheets, nice shower with good, hot, water pressure. Microwave, fridge and AC all worked well. They even have a swimming pool which appeared to be properly maintained. It seemed to be calling out to us each time we passed by it but we simply didnt have the time. Which is a shame considering the muggy weather we encountered in Charlotte. Anyhow, we had no problems whatsoever with our stay here and I recommend it to anyone looking for a room under fifty bucks (We paid $48 after tax).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrexlerMcStyles
Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rian M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at Super-8 hotels before but this is by far, the very best one ever! It truly IS a Super Super-8!

I would stay here again anytime I come to Charlotte and will be looking to rebook here again when I come to the NASCAR races come May 2015.

Room Tip: The staff was superb in their friendliness and helpfulness throughout my stay. The room I was in...