“It's where we stay when in Charlotte”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Ranked #54 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
New York City, New York
“It's where we stay when in Charlotte”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

I won't lie, It's all about the food. The amazingly delicious BREAKFAST. Made to order omelettes, pancakes, hash brown, bacon, eggs, sausage, grits, oatmeal, cereal, juices, coffee, tea, fresh fruits and the biscuits and gravey, etc. etc, etc. Yum, Yum. A breakfast that gets your day started. Everything is fresh. The cooks are so very friendly and accomodating. I felt like I was at an all inclusive resort in the caribbean. The manager's reception is okay. (I stayed at the Drury Inn and I have to give them their props., their's is they have buffalo wings and great drinks.). The rooms are clean, spacious and the beds are very comfortable. They have a well equiped gym which I wish I had time to use. The pool looked very inviting, as well as the hot tub and I bought my bathing suit, but again no time. I was there for my daughter's college graduation (JCSU), which our picture made the Charlotte Observer newspaper. (Who'd thought). The hotel is close by and the airport only 6 miles away. I made sure all my family and friends booked here. As most of my family have stayed here before there was no problem and my friends were very satisfied with this hotel. We booked @ 7 rooms but no discounts was given as the Drury Inn does. (I wish Embassy would take that in consideration for a discount).I could have stayed at the Drury for $69 with a school discount, free internet, breakfast, free local calls and a better manager's reception, but like I said the Embassy Suites of Charlotte, South Tryon's Delicious breakfast gets my day started and that what was important to me. Before I forget, the hotel restaurant, "Omaha Steak" is wonderful. Everything is so fresh and delicious. A little expensive but worth it. We all had something different. I had the crab cakes and I mean it was real lump crab, no heavy fillers, no heavy breading, not greasy, just a lot of crab meat. Wonderful. Try it. You'll leave happy. My uncle's steak was cooked to perfection. My aunt's fish was great. My friends's pork loin was extremel tasty. The food takes a while, but well worth the wait. Caren was our hostess and she wasa very sweet NY transplant. "Hi Caren" She'll take good care of you. Besides no free internet and free local calls, You will not be disappointed. Take advantage of the Delicious breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Hi,
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I greatly appreciate the positive comments and will share them with the team. I hope to have you stay with us again soon!
Take care,
Kevin Plucker - GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
East Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed here rather than Uptown Charlotte because I was planning to go to the Farmers Market and the Embassy Suites is very close to it. I would say that other than needing to be in this immediate neighborhood there is no pressing reason to stay here if you are traveling alone or as a couple. The value comes in when you realize that you can sleep three or four (or more) comfortably at a price of barely more than $100 (before taxes).

Service was very courteous, from the reception at check in to the breakfast room staff who very graciously announced to guests on line that if they did not wish to order an omelet they did not have to wait on line but could go to the buffet. That might seem like a small thing, but he did it in a very nice way, not shouting out a general announcement but addressing a couple of people at a time.

The toilet in my room overflowed before I went out to dinner and I was given a new room with no fuss or hesitation. That too speaks to good service, butt he toilet should not have overflowed--I noticed but here and the the Hilton in Uptown the next night that the toilets seem to be some sort of low-volume but not very efficient new model--not great even if they are green. Maybe not one of Hilton's better ideas.

I was given free Internet, I think to make up for the toilet flood. It might be free for Gold Level HHonors guests but otherwise it would have been about $10--a lot, given that it is free in Hampton Inns.

My basic reaction overall: Despite the very pleasant staff, I don't think I would stay here again. The suites are very poorly lit though the bathroom was nice and bright. There was no good reading light in either the bedroom or the living room. The decor was a little dingy, though I would not say the rooms were unclean--just somewhat dated decor and thus not very fresh feeling. The bathroom was clean and pretty basic, with a tub-size step-in shower containing only one very small shelf. That strikes me as poor design--it required me to put my shampoo and conditioner (full size containers brought from home since I drove and thus was not limited to small containers by flight rules) on the floor because there was only room for a bar of soap on the shelf. There was a grab bar, but someone who really needed a grab bar might have had trouble bending to get the bottles.

On the plus side, it is a very family-friendly place and there were also groups of friends (I think) staying there who were definitely getting great value. It just wasn't quite right for me.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank grayhill
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

A geat hotel with lots of nice things and close to a variety of this to do outside the hotel. Had a great time and my kids loved the pool and room.

Room Tip: All rooms there are suites, no bad rooms
1 Thank glowx4
Newark, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

My family enjoyed a long weekend in Charlotte and had two adjoining suites here as our home base. It was a wonderful spot to relax and unwind.

The breakfast is the absolute best I have had at a hotel buffet - quantity, quality, selection, and service. If you have a family this is a tremendous value.

Although there were a couple of conventions meeting at the hotel and most rooms were occupied, there was no late-night noise or partying. We never heard a door slam and slept very peacefully.

The showers were pristine! White grout as white as the tile.

Very convenient access to the highway put us in the middle of downtown in five or ten minutes.

All the staff was friendly and helpful, especially the ladies who cooked the made-to-order breakfasts. They were very kind to my children and insisted that the kids have pancakes even though we were five minutes late to the buffet the first morning. (It closes at 9 on the week days.)

Would have had to pay for internet access, but we had a promo code for it.

1 Thank StressedDaddy
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
Hello. Just a quick note of thanks for submitting a survey on the Embassy Suites - Charlotte. I was very pleased to hear of the positive experience you and your family had at our hotel. We're very proud of our hotel and I'm fortunate to be surrounded by a tremendous team. Thank you again and I hope to see you the next time you visit Charlotte.
Cheers!
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

We -our family of 4- stayed here for 4 nights.
We were very pleased with everything, although the sofa bed was fine for 2 nights but wasn't really comfortable enough for 4 nights.

The breakfast room did get really busy and the floor around the drinks was extremely sticky.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank engledene
Hi,
Thanks very much for taking time to submit a review on our hotel I appreciate the kind words and shared your review with the team. I look forward to seeing you on a return visit to Charlotte!
Cordially,
Newmarket, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

We spent one night here on our way back from Florida. The suite was spacious, and very clean. The breakfast was outstanding, made to order if you wish. We have stayed in many hotels and this is one of very few that we found were not kept awake or woken in the morning by slamming doors and people talking loudly in the halls.
Our suite had comfortable furnishings and a very good bed.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Blitzen467
Hi,
I just wanted to send a brief note thanking you for submitting a survey on our hotel. I've shared your comments with the team and was very happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you back the next time you're traveling through Charlotte!
Take care,
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

The place was clean. The room was clean. I sprayed and wiped prior and found no residue so that made me feel pretty good. The location reminds me of the borders of an inner city . It's not bad, it is just not a business area. The room -that is where I was like what??? the furniture was in need of replacement and the smell was off like musty. It was old and needed some updates. The service desk barely acknowledged us with the exception of check-in. I guess that is OK. The value is good to me because the breakfast was wonderful. So many options!!! Bacon and Sausage. Feeding 4 being worked into the cost of the room was a life saver. Please go down to eat no later than 8:15. That line is a beast! The bed was wonderful.Shopping is nearby about 15-20 minutes. Carowinds was 15 minutes. The suites have a door. Yes, a real bedroom for the parents!

1 Thank galorecoupons
Hi,
Thanks for taking time to write a review of our hotel! I've shared your comments with the team and hope to see you the next time you're staying in Charlotte.
Cheers,