“Sleepytime? Not really...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Ranked #43 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This place has a beautiful central vaulted atrium with its walkways and seating areas surrounded by fountains.The breakfast setting is comfortable, but we did not have time to linger. Even so, the made-to-order cook was very friendly and welcoming. The shuttle to the airport is a terrific convenience as are the evening snacks and the substantial breakfast.

Unfortunately, the room was very noisy with all the door closings and hallway voices, even after midnight. This was especially a problem for those of us in the corner rooms and those sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room, the one closest to the entry. if the door to the BR was closed, it was a little less of a problem. (It would be great if the corner units could be converted to larger suites as that would allay that noise and give much needed space to spread out). Another oddity was how LOUD the plumbing was. Even the sink faucet sounds like a shower - no idea why that was.

Room Tip: To avoid the noise of the outer hall and doors, ask for a room near the center of the hall, not a co...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank countrysprout
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Hello,
Thanks very much for submitting your comments on our hotel. I'm you enjoyed the hotel but sorry to hear of the noise issues. We post signage asking all guests to respect others and to keep noise to a minimum. Our staff is also directed to proactively address noise issues, particularly after 10pm. I apologize as it sounds as though we may have not addressed properly. I'm sharing your comments with the team to better handle in the future. Thanks again and I hope you give us another chance when returning to Charlotte. Take care, Kevin-GM

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed at this embassy suites for business at Coliseum Centre Drive. It was a 5 minute drive from this hotel. The location was great, there were places to eat 5-15 minute drive away. The room was nice, comfortable, and clean. I always enjoy the hot breakfast in the morning. If you're in Charlotte, this hotel will meet your needs nicely.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Hi ahmonroe5,

Thank you for submitting your comments on our hotel. I was very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you return in the near future. Take care, Kevin - GM

Reviewed 19 December 2012

The employees at this Embassy were very nice to us. We only stayed one night and we were shuttled back and forth to the airport for free. The driver, the front desk and the bartender all made sure we were taken care of. The big breakfast in the morning was satisfying and in a beautiful setting with a waterfall. The room was a good size suite with in-room coffee. The furnishings were a little dated, but it was comfortable, the bed was good and the price was right. We would return, especially because of the quality of the employees.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelerforfun49

Hi Travelforfun49,

Thanks very much for your comments. In particular, I greatly appreciate acknowledging our team members. I am very fortunate to have such a dedicated and hard working staff. Thanks for noticing and I hope to see you the next time you return. Take care, Kevin - GM

Reviewed 17 December 2012

A year since my last visit and the status quo remains. In all respects an average property with the exception of the staff. Consistently above the norm from the front to room service. THEY are the reason I will return. People do make a difference.

Room Tip: be sure to NOT get a street side room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Hi Parafrog,
Just a brief note of thanks for taking time to submit comments on our hotel. I greatly appreciate the kind words about the hotel's staff. We have many hard working team members and they greatly appreciate being noticed! I hope to see on your next time through. Cheers! Kevin - GM

Reviewed 9 December 2012

My recent stay at Embassy on 12-03-12 was somewhat disappointing. Upon arrival and check-in, I was met with friendly and professional staffpersons. As soon as entering my room, I noted a dusty, dirty odd odor; also noted the room's furnishings were quite dusty, a washcloth laying on floor in sitting area, unclean table with something dried on it, the prior occupants personal clothes hangars in wardrobe. I requested another room and hotel staff responded immediately with a room in better condition, but still the odor which gives impression of uncleanliness. Staff offered to have housekeeping manager come to check room; I declined because my impression then is this is status-quo, because there is no way rooms should be allowed to get into this condition. As a regular Hilton property guest (always my first choice) for business and personal travel, I found this facility to be below standards. Instead of my scheduled 2 night stay, I checked out after the first night. I hope the hotel will address this odor issue, so that other guests will not suffer the same uncomfortable situation.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank T F
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear T F,
Thanks very much for providing comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was very disapponted to read that you were not checked into a clean, fresh suite. Each room is thoroughly cleaned to include deordorizing. Judging by the cleanliness issues, this clearly was not the case in your first room. I apologize for our oversight and was glad to hear we at least responded quickly. I have passed along your comments to our housekeeping team to ensure we use this lapse in service to improve in the future. Thanks again and I hope to regain your trust the next time you return to Charlotte.
Cordially,
Kevin - GM Embassy Suites - Charlotte

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with family. We were in town for a funeral. This is a very large hotel that has an Omaha Steaks restaurant located on the first floor. You can do in-room dining or dine in the restaurant. The rooms are spacious, if you're lucky enough to not get a corner room where the living room is significantly smaller. I was moved to a corner room the second day because our bathroom wasn't functioning properly. The staff was very helpful and professional about the situation. This hotel has the best hot breakfast hands down. So many options and the sitting area was very relaxing. I will definitely stay here again if when visiting family in Charlotte.

Room Tip: Corner suites have a smaller living room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear TrvlngAngyl,
That you for taking time to comment on our hotel. I was happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Our breakfast, spacious rooms and restaurant certainly are highlights of our hotel. I hope to have you return under better traveling circumstances in the near future. Have a wonderful Holiday Season. Kevin

Reviewed 2 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend on business. The hotel is nice overall. The breakfast buffet was a huge step up from a continental breakfast. The decor in the atrium, lobby, and breakfast area is nice. The bed slept nicely. We went down to the restaurant lounge after dinner at the Epic Center to finish watching a football game and the bartender was very nice and made us feel at home. No complaints here. I've heard it's a little off the beating path for Charlotte, not in the best area of town, but we didn't feel "unsafe" and it was convenient to get to all the places we need to be.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business