“Good stay, location”

Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Midlothian
“Good stay, location”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed here recently to attend concert at Time Warner Arena. Very clean and friendly staff. Would highly recommend, but request a room not facing the highway. Easy to find and close to the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Hi LaxMom05,

Thanks very much for taking time to comment our your experience at the hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Kevin - GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I spent one night before an early departure from the Charlotte Airport The hotel's location was one of the main considerations for choosing this hotel. Also getting to downtown Charlotte is easy if you have a car. The hotel has a shuttle to the airport and offers a park 'n' fly for an additional charge. The room we had was on the eight floor and very nice with a separate seating area from the bedroom. The hotel offers a breakfast but we had to depart before the restaurant opened.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Hi DianaJoan,
Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you'll return the next time you're in Charlotte. Cheers! Kevin
South Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have come to like Embassy Suites whenever we travel. I have to say that 80% of the stay was above average, however their were a few issues. Upon our arrival the front desk gentleman was not as accommodating as we've come to expect at Embassy Suites, if it were just one time I would say he's having a bad day, however my wife had the same type of interaction the next day with the same person. The room the we had was not as clean as we've come accustomed to at these hotels. On the good side, breakfast was really good and the rest of the staff was very good. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms and away from the elevators
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Hi gjpyvowhitant1 ,

Just a quick note of thanks for taking time to submit your review of our hotel. While I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay, I did take note of your experience with one of our front office clerks. I apologize as this level of service does not represent what our hotel strives to provide. I've shared your comments with the team in hopes we can improve our consistency in service delivery. Thanks again. Kevin - GM
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have tried to reach someone in the sales and catering department for the past week in which I have called at least 3-4 times. As of today a week later no response at all which is not normal for Embassy Suites. I'm sure both onsite sales/catering contacts are not out of the office on the same days although their voicemail states that they are in but no callback as of yet. They must not want our business which makes me leary as to what kind of service our guests will receive if we select them as a venue. If I don't receive a response from them soon I'm sure another hotel would appreciate our business.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank MrsBell74
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Hi MrsBell74,

I understand Erica has since followed up with you and addressed your concern. Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. As Erica explained, she discovered there was an issue with her e-mail and she found out none of her outgoing e-mail was being delivered for a period of several days. I'm happy to hear this is resolved and I look forward to seeing you on your visit to Charlotte. Take care, Kevin - GM
Beaufort NC
Reviewed 12 February 2013

The suits are very nice. I would ask for one of the coner suits on either floor. The coner suits are large and sunny, and very quite, however all of the suits are very nice quiet. The food that is located at the hotel is great, also their breakfast is very good, and service is out standing.Service at the hotel was perfect from the time I walked in their doors until I left. I will be going to Charlotte again, and will use this Hotel. It was great. If you are in the area, and need a very nice place to stay and conduct work and any manner, this would be my pick for you.

Room Tip: I have stayed several times. All suites are great. I would ask for one of their conner suits on eith...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Very Good to Excellant in every way with one exception...Do not recommend dining at Omaha Steak House. I felt meals were highly overpriced, initially while viewing the menu, and especially after being served - the food qualtity was not that good. Also my waiter was rather unattentive. Getting in and out of facility is a bit harder than I would like, especially during rush hour traffic. Be sure to ask for specific in-coming instructions when booking - based on your direction of arrival - and exiting advise from the front desk before ventruing out as it often involves making legal U turns that you won't know about unless you ask. If your TV remote won't work, call the desk. Apparently TV service often gets knocked out for the whole place durring bad storms, but they don't tell you this. You'll just sit there thinking the batteries went dead on your remote.

Room Tip: Unless you like walking and taking steps for excersise (which I do), try to get a room close to the...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Brevard, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My wife and I enjoyed staying at the Embassy Suites. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. We enjoyed having a glass of wine by the water inside the hotel. We also had a wonderful meal at the Omaha Steak House.
Highly recommend!