“Nice Experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte
Ranked #43 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked two rooms for three nights. Thursday - Sunday. We are four ladies over 50 years old. We loved this hotel. There was a Jr. Regional Soccer Tourny and the New England Pat were playing the Panthers. The hotel was sold out. Not sure what people are talking about when they say the hotel was crowded and nit pick about really minor things. Really?? It's a hotel that does business and they still offer a managers reception even on weekends. Where else do you you get an included cooked to order breakfast with very nice happy people serving you as fast as possible. The eating area is pleasant with plants and waterfalls. It reminds me of a smaller version of the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, but easier to get around. We loved the hotel and the location.

Room Tip: rooms are quieter on the higher floor and away from elevator
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My family is in a business that demands good customer service. We understand the dedication it takes. That is the only reason I am taking the time to do this review. We arrived in Charlotte(one of my favorite cities) for a bi-annual trip to the Queen City for my wife. We normally stay at in the South Park area but chose to stay at Embassy this trip. When we arrived I could tell the property was a one of the original Embassy designs. We stay mostly at Hilton properties. Embassy is one we frequent. I walked in very late to a warm and inviting welcome. Check in was fast and I even commented to my wife when I returned to the car for my family. We went to our room tired but found the room in some need of attention (the occupants the night before smoked in a non-smoking room). I returned to the front desk and met Jared. With out hesitation he moved us immediately to another room. The room was perfect.
The nights sleep was good. Bedding was very comfortable. The next morning house keeping came to the room and I refused service because everything was fine. Moments later I heard someone at the door. I was a little frustrated because it was house keeping again.....the head of house keeping.
She handed me a greeting card explaining what the hotel was doing for my family because we moved four doors down the night before. What they did for us was completely over the top. I called the desk and spoke to Jared (who orchestrated the entire compensation). I explained there was no need or reason for any compensation. He insisted. I still cannot believe the extent the staff went to just to compensate our four door move. We had not even unpacked in the first room...the luggage was still on the cart.
I will not go into detail what the hotel did because there are some people who would try and force the same compensation in the future. I will say I have never seen such dedication to hotel guest before.
This property has had some updates. The rooms are nice. I have stayed at Embassy Suites with better food....this was sub par by Embassy standards. However minor the inconvenience I will return. Thank You again Jared and the whole staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Ive stayed at Embassy many times, including this one before. Its always been great, but this time it was not nearly the same. Bathroom couldve been cleaner. The shampoo had already been used. It was a Saturday night and was so packed full that the happy hour and breakfast was so annoying that it changed something exciting into a nightmare. It also seemed a bit offending that you have to pay for wifi when youre already paying so much for the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The rooms, most of the staff, and the complimentary items were all excellent. But if you want over crowded, loud and obnoxious childen, thieving oppourtunist, with a couple of worker who don't want to do their jobs; Then this is the place for you. Stolen or loss diamond tennis braclet, no one cares. Children holding the elevator on higher floors while they play. No one cares. People hanging out in gang-like fashion staring you down. No one cares. My worst stay in a 3 star hotel or better ever.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Dwan R
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were laid over in Charlotte by a connecting flight being delayed. The airport put us up in the embassy suites which I thought at the time was a good thing. When I reached the hotel we had nothing with us, nothing for hygiene or overnight clothes. I asked the guest services person if the shuttle could take us to the nearest store or place we could pick up these things and I was told that the nearest place was a half mile out of the shuttles area. The person then refused to give me a map of how to get there, since I am from the west coast I didn't know which way I was going, and he told me there was GPS on every phone and to use it. This guy wouldn't even tell me if the area was safe to walk though considering it was after 9 pm. I was appalled at this service coming from an embassy suites. I had to walk over to the Hyatt up the road and they gave us a ride to Walmart where I could pick up things that I needed. Once we got back to the hotel we went down to the restaurant in the hotel because there wasn't anything else within a few miles. The restaurant servers were very rude to us telling us they were closing in 15 minutes and if we wanted food to order it in the next 5 because they shut down promptly at 11 pm whether people have been served or not. I have stayed at Embassy suites before on my travels but I hate to say that this experience has left a very bitter taste in the mouth. A bad situation was made worse because the staff at this location doesn't understand what customer service is.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sebrina_morrow
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Ms. Morrow,

Thank you for leaving your review on Tripadvisor. I was absolutely disappointed to read of your experience and the lack of service you encountered. I am meeting with my team this morning to review your comments and use as an example of exactly what we don't want to be. We train and expect our staff to go above and beyond to help our guests. Not only do we expect the staff to transport guests needing to get to a store, but a distressed passenger especially! This was completely unacceptable. Please accept my apologies from myself, the team and all Embassy Suites. This is not what this hotel or brand is about. We truly failed to live up to our mission of exceeding guest expectations.

Cordially,

Kevin - GM

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was in town for business and one of my business associates was celebrating a milestone birthday while being 3000 miles away from family and friends. I asked the front desk staff if they would be able to do something special for his birthday. Well, they went over and above my wildest expectations and made his birthday a very special day. Thank you so much for showing you are willing to take customer service to a new level.
By the way they also have an amazing breakfast staff to help get your day off on the right start.
Thank you all!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 7 November 2013

A very nice stay. A friendly check in and the service was excellent. The manager's reception and breakfast were great and the service was outstanding - everyone was so helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business