“Great Airport Option” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Florida
“Great Airport Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Being unexpectedly delayed over night at the airport in Charlotte, I quickly sought out a Hilton property with 24 hour shuttle. The Embassy Suites was available, so I booked and confirmed on the phone at the airport and, within 15 minutes, my carriage arrived to sweep me to the complimentary happy hour at the hotel. The hotel offers many amenities and the folks are quite pleasant; this is a good thing as walking options are bill. The hotel is on a busy highway without benefit of a sidewalk to take you to other eateries or shopping. There is complimentary shuttle service within a 3 mile radius, but I prefer walking when possible after airline flights. Though not as robust as happy hours at other such properties, it was still nice to enjoy their house sangria with some chips and salsa before retiring. Sadly, my flight departed too early for me to enjoy the cooked to order breakfast, but, thankfully, catching a 4:30 airport shuttle was not a problem as 24 hours service is offered -- a welcomed offering! If better prepared for an unexpected layover, I would definitely consider staying here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had an excellent stay at this hotel. If you look at their rules for behavior, you will find that the managers and owners of this hotel know how to treat their guests. This is in sharp contrast to the embassy suites in Lombard, Illinois. In fact, it is hard to believe that the two have the same name.
The hotel is quiet and the children are well behaved. The was a group of church members including many young people from South Carolina. They were very well behaved. I complemented their leadership for obviously setting proper boundaries. When the hotel in Illinois has athletes and drunks in large numbers, the hotel makes a lot of money and scares away decent people.

Room Tip: Always best to be high up and away from elevators.
Radford, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have stayed at several Embassy Suites in the past and have stayed at this one in previous years. My biggest complaint is that there is no free wi-fi. Free with-fi seems to be a given for so many hotels these days, even ones with standards that aren't as high. So to pay a hefty price for a nice hotel and not receive free wi-fi is disappointing. The room was clean and nice. The drinks at the manager's reception were good, but the bartender was not attentive to customers because he was talking to friends during most of the reception. There was a young lady clearing tables at breakfast and later at the reception who was very polite. Breakfast from the hot buffet was cold the first morning and my pancakes weren't cooked in the middle; I didn't try the pancakes the second day, but the food at the hot buffet was hot that morning. I was attending a conference at another hotel and was being dropped off at the conference by a family member; that family member was disappointed to see that there was a hefty fee for late checkout, which then forced her to leave Embassy Suites several hours before she needed to pick me up at the conference. We were happy enough with our stay, but it didn't seem quite up to the high standards of some other Embassy Suites hotels.

1 Thank K W
Fayetteville, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

At a non-smoking property, the first room we were given had a stench of cigarette smoke. My wife and I immediately returned to the front desk and the clerk Stefan was very apologetic. He exchanged rooms and gave us a complimentary dessert at the Omaha Steakhouse (more about that in a moment). We checked out the new room and it was much better. We decided to go downstairs to get dinner after a 3 hour trip on the road. My wife ordered an appetizer and I ordered a simple salad. We waited for a very long time on both drinks and food. Once our food arrived, we started eating and then I discovered a LONG BLACK hair in my salad. Mind you, I am completely bald, and my wife has extremely short hair. When we brought this to our waiter's attention, he immediately brought the manager to our table....how ironic, he had a thick BLACK beard and LONG BLACK hair! He took the hair out of the salad and waved it around over the table and said, "I don't know whose this is?" He did take the food off of our ticket and asked if we wanted our complimentary desserts. Obviously we said, "No thanks" and left. This was a stay for ONLY ONE NIGHT!!!

Room Tip: Don't go to the Omaha Steakhouse and look at the rooms before checking in.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pdmarks0104
Kernersville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have stayed here twice in recent months before our flights out of Charlotte and have been completely satisfied both times. Most recently, we had a later morning flight and were able to enjoy the exceptional made to order breakfast. I recommend this hotel 100%.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

District Heights, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

have stayed at many Embassy Suites in the past, so I was expecting the same quality from the one in Charlotte.

After been stuck in traffic, I was so glad that my companion already checked into the room. When I walked into the lobby, I noticed that it was extremely beautiful and there was foliage everywhere. I felt like I was in a peaceful rain forest. I adore the glass elevators because it was nice to see the nice atrium as I was going to the sixth floor.

I was welcomed with a spacious area with a table for work, sofa/bed, tv, refrigerator, and coffeemaker. The bathroom was spacious and clean, but the bedroom was everything. The bed was so comfortable (thankfully) because I spent a lot of time resting.

The morning buffet was simply ok. No real complaints because it was free. My companion ordered an omelette, but the center was cold. Yuck! At least there were other items to choose from.

The hotel is far out, so if you aren't driving, the options are limited for food and entertainment.

I wasn't pleased about the fact that there wasn't free wi-fi. I was pissed because I had so much work to do.

Because of the proximity from the rest of Charlotte, I am not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

WE have always been impressed with Embassy Suites from location to staff to amenities. This was no exception. I and another guest commented on the different interpretations of snacks offered at Manager's Reception. Drinks made in a timely manner and good variety of snacks.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels