“Just ok.. no more no less.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #109 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Just ok.. no more no less.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Four car loads of family at other hotels here. I chose this place. We have rooms 221 and 219. I requested and booked handicap rooms close to each other, on the ground floor more than 3weeks ago. We ended up on the 2nd floor but there is an elevator so its not so bad. The place looks ok so far... I am very disappointed there are no microwaves or refrigerator in the room. My family and I are here for a graduation and we drove and drove and drove getting everyone and everything in order. I had food I wanted to reheat and eat after more than 12hrs on the road... after moving all those bags into the various room I just wanted eat and rest. Thats when I noticed the rooms dont have microwaves or fridges. Microwaves are in the lobby... The front desk told me they have a big fridge and can hold my food...huh! strangers hold my food! Are they nuts? But she was very a friendly young lady...when I drive I tend to travel with a cooler, so I can get around the fridge issue but.... I Am DISAPPOINTED. Its not a bad place but I may try somewhere else next time. It seems I need to make a checklist to ask before booking hotel rooms.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Toneyp1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fayetteville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here after a NASCAR race. We stayed on the 3 rd floor the room was not very clean furniture wasn't very clean. Carpet was nasty kept our slippers on, the walls had stains on them,sheets had stains on them, TV was an older one, bathroom shower looked like they painted the bottom part of the tub so it was looking bad, it didn't drain well either. The beds are ok the pillows not that great. The ac/heat unit looked nasty I didn't touch it with my hand I used a key to press the button. They have breakfast there but we didn't eat there. Check in was easy she was nice. They only have stairs. There is a Waffle House right there. Will not stay again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Since we used our points to stay in this place, we don't see it as a waste of time or points. The review I'm about to give are informations that I hope it will help future decision makers. First of all, the hotel's room numbering is confusing. Odd and even numbers are separated by building side. The even numbers were at front of the hotel and odd numbers are at the back. There are employees who are maintaining the place. The pool my family swam into was chlorinated and clean after the hours. The room we were in was clean and huge. It came with two bathrooms and a suite. The door is kinda worned out from over painting. The A/C unit in our room was loud. The backside of this hotel faces the busy highway and it gets loud but quiet down when you enter the room and closing the front door. I think the A/C noise damping the highway noise. We smelled urine near the elevator in the second floor area. Very walking distance to a Waffle House, cracker barrel, Ichiban, and a gas station. It has microwave, fridge, iron/board, alarm clean clock, hair dryer, mini stereo system, and a sofa bed. Close to I85 especially when you're heading north.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here as a layover on our way to Barbados. We arrived late and left early the next morning after trying the free breakfast. The staff was friendly both coming and going. The airport shuttle was quick and ran about every 30 minutes. The rooms have an outside entrance, not an inside entrance off of an interior corridor. Everything worked in the room, but the TV was an older CRT type, no HD flat screen here. It worked and so did the internet for what we needed. The bed and pillows did the job, we were tired.

Breakfast was very simple, mostly fruit, cereal, juices, and small pastries. The price was right so it worked for us.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Scuba-Duner
Lapeer, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had no problems checking in. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. My bed was soft but kinda wore out in the middle like the box spring was broke. WiFi was good but spotty in my room. The TV was old but had a god picture. Housekeeping cleaned it up nice everyday for me. The towels were clean and newer. On the side of the building the steps looked to be falling of the building... kinda scary. Breakfast is done way too early. The key machine didn't work right either and I could only have 1 key which was only an issue because there was 2 of us staying. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay again. I would suggest getting a room on the front because the highway is super loud.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank B3amt3am
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had an early flight leaving out of Charlotte, NC, I checked in at midnight & checked out at 5 am (total 5 hours). Upon arrival I handed over my MasterCard, she charged me for my room. I checked out at 5 am. When I arrived at my destination in Texas, I checked my account & my VISA (card used to hold room online) was charged TWICE & my MasterCard was charged ONCE! So I paid for my room 3 times. I called back and was told she would release the charges on my VISA. One of the pending charges was released but the other one went through. I called back again & the Manager asked me if I stayed two nights & I told him I didn't even stay ONE WHOLE night. He tells me that there is a reversal but can't tell me if two reversals were made because he doesn't know! I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW! I will NEVER use CHOICE HOTELS AGAIN! I would rather pay the extra money to have a peace of mind about my transactions & hotel stay. The hotel was not clean and the pool was FILTHY! It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in over a year.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, spend a little extra to be safe and secure.