“Just what I needed”

Ranked #90 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
New York
“Just what I needed”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I was stuck in Charlotte thanks to a cancelled flight and I needed a place to stay that offered free shuttle to the airport, free breakfast, and was reasonably priced. I wasn't that picky as it was 10:00 at night. I am glad I chose to stay here! The rooms were clean, well-maintained and spacious (I had a room with 2 double beds). The beds were extremely comfortable. The front desk clerk was friendly and professional. I had a 10 minute wait for the shuttle at the airport and the shuttle driver was courteous. The drive back to the airport the next day was about 10 minutes. The breakfast was very limited: cold cereal, make your own waffles, and pastries. There is a Waffle House across the street if you are looking for more selection. If I am ever stuck in Charlotte again (and I hope that won't happen again), I will definitely stay here. Great price, great rooms, great location.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The hotel is always attractive and clean, and the rooms are maintained well. The beds are very comfortable. What is really appealing to us is that the hotel is pet friendly. We can can our two mini-daschunds with us at no extra charge. The only concern I voice is that the breakfast is limited. You will not go hungry, but it's not what you would want everyday for several days.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Milwaukee
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

easy check-in with none of the hassles other reviewers have commented on. King room was large and well laid out, bed was comfy, bathroom clean. I liked a lot, and I'd return.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Savannah
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was not expecting a very nice hotel, as the price is relatively cheap. Our stay didn't start very well... they screwed up our reservation and kept saying it was our fault. It was an error in the software that manages the reservations, but in the end the guy in the reception was very nice and gave us the room we've booked. The rooms were clean and cosy. Rooms aren't very big, but are nice and comfortable for one night. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for more than one night. It is nice to sleep overnight. Breakfast was also nice and very well organized. The food was fresh and the variety was nice. Quite surprised actually! I've stayed before in other similar hotels (Days Inn, etc.) and this one was better than all other hotels of the same price-range.

Room Tip: I'd say to try to get a room that is not faced to the highway. And do ask for a room that is not...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed one night due to accommodate a 2-part flight. The place was clean and comfortable with a pretty good - included - breakfast. I walked to dinner and while I was there, it started to pour! A quick call and they asked the airport shuttle driver to pick me up so I didn't have to walk back in the rain. Great service!

Side note - not much in the line of good restaurants within walking distance.....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Wales
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We had stayed overnight at La Quinta South when we first arrived at Charlotte, but for the last night of our tour we decided to stay at La Quinta North as we were told that it was slightly nearer to the airport, though in fact there seemed to be little difference. The room we were given initially was rather small and the window blind could not be raised - they obviously knew about this as the chambermaid was aware of it and told me it was broken. Anyway, there was no problem getting re-allocated to another room, which was much larger. The continental breakfast was quite satisfactory (except for the cardboard/polystyrene cups and plastic cutlery which seem to be the norm in hotel chains in America - sorry, no offence intended) and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were able to leave our bags at reception as our flight wasn't until the late afternoon and they called a taxi for us to visit the Billy Graham Library (interesting!) before returning to the hotel to catch the airport shuttle. We would certainly stay there again. Incidentally, the Ichiban restaurant next door served excellent food at a dirt-cheap price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple